Limonia acidissima bonsai

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  bigbabol on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:39 am

I don't know what will I write so I only share my bonsai with you
thank you and hope to receive more suggestion from you






Very Happy Very Happy
ragards
bigbabol

bigbabol
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  daiviet_nguyen on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:26 am

Hi there,

I am impressed! This bonsai is most certainly of great age? And no doubt from a Southern artist? Is it yours, or your friend's?

I've been seeing (on the net) quite a few from Vietnam. This one, I feel, is one of the most distinctive one. The others albeit pleasing, give me a feeling that they are copies of one another. This one, I feel, is very distinguished.

I do not feel qualified to comment on the technicalities of this tree. The only thing I feel must be improved is the pot.

This is a cheap cement pot, right? Such piece as this deserves better. Why do not you guys try a Japanese pot?
Try this site here http://www.tokoname.or.jp/bonsai/. Less than a $1,000.00 U.S. dollars will get you a fantastic one from there.

-- From Japan to Australia, it usually takes 4 days even including weekend. That how fast it is to deliver.

Best regards.



Last edited by daiviet_nguyen on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar correction.)

daiviet_nguyen
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  pmdung75 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 am

Nice tree. sunny sunny sunny

pmdung75
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  jrodriguez on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:21 am

Nice tree

In my opinion, several roots in the basal structure must be rectified.

Thanks for posting,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Mohan on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi,
Great ramification. Could you give us the age and size of the tree.
Regards,
Mohan.

Mohan
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Mauricio Lutz on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Nice work man Very Happy

This tree is amazing Shocked

Mauricio Lutz
Member


Back to top Go down

limonia acidissima

Post  moyogijohn on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:31 pm

The only thing i can say is you have a beautiful bonsai!!!! i also know it has to be very old..could you tell what the commond name is??? a great job,you guys have such good material to work with...take care john

moyogijohn
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  bigbabol on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:16 pm

daiviet_nguyen wrote:Hi there,

I am impressed! This bonsai is most certainly of great age? And no doubt from a Southern artist? Is it yours, or your friend's?

I've been seeing (on the net) quite a few from Vietnam. This one, I feel, is one of the most distinctive one. The others albeit pleasing, give me a feeling that they are copies of one another. This one, I feel, is very distinguished.

I do not feel qualified to comment on the technicalities of this tree. The only thing I feel must be improved is the pot.

This is a cheap cement pot, right? Such piece as this deserves better. Why do not you guys try a Japanese pot?
Try this site here http://www.tokoname.or.jp/bonsai/. Less than a $1,000.00 U.S. dollars will get you a fantastic one from there.

-- From Japan to Australia, it usually takes 4 days even including weekend. That how fast it is to deliver.

Best regards.

thank you all
glad to see pmdung75 at here Very Happy Laughing
to: daiviet nguyen
I don't undersatand why do you often ask me at the same question that: "who owns this bonsai ?"
Is it important? I think it is not important, the main purpose is everybody can see more and more beautiful bonsai to learn, to relax, etc...
yes, my pot is a cheap cement one but 1000usd for 1 pot, in Viet Nam that is a large amount of money so there are only a few people can buy and I am not in them but if I can buy a pot as you suggest is very good
I don't know ecxactly how old is it, perhaps about ten years from it was started in shaping to now.
once again I confirm that all bonsai which I shared and will share are mine and they can be shaped by myself or I bought and reshape with my style.
thank again!
I am waiting for my friends who usually give me there opinions tn my topic( bd47je,Rob, Ravi, Ogie,Jun,Xuan le,khaimraj, Iris.......etc)
regards
bigbabol
Very Happy Very Happy

bigbabol
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Budi Sulistyo on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Your tree is very nice. Is'n it the same with Feronia lucida? Can you send the detail picture of the leaves.

Budi

Budi Sulistyo
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  bigbabol on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Budi Sulistyo wrote:Your tree is very nice. Is'n it the same with Feronia lucida? Can you send the detail picture of the leaves.

Budi
I dont know exactly, I will send the detail picture to you later
thank for your attention Very Happy
regards
bigbabol

bigbabol
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Ravi Kiran on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi,

An excellent tree and your years of hard work in the getting the branch ramification to this extent is highly commendable. Great job extremely well done.

On points of improvement. The surface roots need to be pushes a little down into the soil surface and the tree would look fine. There is also a URO or big hole in the middle of the trunk. Have you filled it up with a sealant or something? It looks black. Once the same is removed, I think the tree would look great.

Overall one of the very fine trees that I have seen and of very high quality. One the pot I guess the suggestion of a $1000 pot is according to me quiet ridiculous by my expectations. I would never spend that amount on a pot. Here in India we manage to get very good pots for the size of the tree in question for about $30. I have never spent more than $30 on a pot and I don't plan to do so in future. I believe it is not worth spending anything more. I am not pulling down those who actually do but I am saying I would not spend such huge amounts on a pot. Very Happy

Regards
Ravi

Ravi Kiran
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:57 pm

bigbadol,

very old and well ramified tree. the pot is ok, it just need some repainting if the tree will join any show...the pot can always wait.

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  xuan le on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm

I agree with Jose Luis and Ravi about the base root system which needs some improvement but the branches ramification of this tree makes the tree looks so good Congratulations for a job well done. Of course a better pot will enhance the look of the tree but I don't think everybody can afford a $1,000 pot.
Xuan

xuan le
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  daiviet_nguyen on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi there bigbabol,

I'm still trying to get a generic understanding of the profiles of the artists in Vietnam. So I was hoping you would describe who the artist(s) is(were). Frankly a person of 30 or 40 years old would not have enough time (yet) to achieve in his/her lifetime.

Given I what have been reading on the web, the Vietnamese media regularly run stories of trees in Vietnam that sell for millions of U.S. dollars! So I just thought the artists there are doing somewhat better. Hence a suggestion of a pot as a above. The tree deserves it.

Hi Ravi Kiran,

In Australia, nurseries stop import Japanese pots: they are expensive. $1000.00 is a lot for me too. Don't take it the wrong way. For a large pot, (I assumed this tree is large), taking into account postage, insurance, packaging etc: these eat up more than the cost of the pot! And that where the cost goes.

Best regards guy.

daiviet_nguyen
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 pm

daiviet_nguyen wrote:Hi there bigbabol,

I'm still trying to get a generic understanding of the profiles of the artists in Vietnam. So I was hoping you would describe who the artist(s) is(were). Frankly a person of 30 or 40 years old would not have enough time (yet) to achieve in his/her lifetime.

Given I what have been reading on the web, the Vietnamese media regularly run stories of trees in Vietnam that sell for millions of U.S. dollars! So I just thought the artists there are doing somewhat better. Hence a suggestion of a pot as a above. The tree deserves it.

Hi Ravi Kiran,

In Australia, nurseries stop import Japanese pots: they are expensive. $1000.00 is a lot for me too. Don't take it the wrong way. For a large pot, (I assumed this tree is large), taking into account postage, insurance, packaging etc: these eat up more than the cost of the pot! And that where the cost goes.

Best regards guy.


...ah, now I understand why you keep asking bigbabol if he owns the trees or not. your point on age of the owner and the trees age design ratio is valid. at the age of thirty two it would be next to impossible to form such ramification if you would start the tree from seedling or yamadori.
I too bought trees in the first stage or second stage of its design, if its already in the second stage where main branches are in placed I tried to give credit to the first artist/s who did the design.
In order to avoid further discussion on this issue that might stray away from bigbabol's thread and his tree... I'll open a new thread on this for us to have the proper thread to comment on...I hope to see your insight there.

regards,
jun
Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Why does this need a new thread Jun? There are lots of enthusiats that choose to buy bonsai created, styled or collected by someone else.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:26 am

will baddeley wrote:Why does this need a new thread Jun? There are lots of enthusiats that choose to buy bonsai created, styled or collected by someone else.

I will answer that in that thread Will. Please have the honor in responding first.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  jrodriguez on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 am

Hello,

I think that Budi is right. This seems to be Ferronia lucida.

Anyhow, in the tropics, achieving such ramification is not that difficult. The aforementioned remark is not to be mistaken with the fact that it is time consuming and labor intensive.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Ravi Kiran on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:36 am

Hi Daiviet,
Thanks for the reply and the clarity. Helps understand your real intent. I do understand where you are coming from.

I do believe it is possible to create good trees in say 5-10 years, so a person with 30-40 years of age can indeed create good quality trees like our friend Bigbabol has. However I must admit that despite being 42 and 10 of those years in Bonsai, I would probably have less than 10 tree which would qualify as reasonable bonsai. So I understand what you say is mostly true (because it applies to me) but exceptions like our friend Bigbabol are a joy to know.

Ravi

Ravi Kiran
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  bigbabol on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Budi Sulistyo wrote:Your tree is very nice. Is'n it the same with Feronia lucida? Can you send the detail picture of the leaves.

Budi
oh! hi Budi, I have just found another name of Limonia acidissima(red flower) is Feronia lucida( white flower)
thank you
bigbabol

bigbabol
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  bigbabol on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Ravi Kiran wrote:Hi Daiviet,
Thanks for the reply and the clarity. Helps understand your real intent. I do understand where you are coming from.

I do believe it is possible to create good trees in say 5-10 years, so a person with 30-40 years of age can indeed create good quality trees like our friend Bigbabol has. However I must admit that despite being 42 and 10 of those years in Bonsai, I would probably have less than 10 tree which would qualify as reasonable bonsai. So I understand what you say is mostly true (because it applies to me) but exceptions like our friend Bigbabol are a joy to know.

Ravi

hi Ravi, thank for your kind words Very Happy and I believe in myself can create more beautiful bonsai trees than what you saw Very Happy Very Happy hjhj I will share them with you slowly to increase delight and eagerness Laughing

hi Daiviet, ok men, now I understand what you want to know but If I tell you the name of Vietnamese bonsai artist, I think you will not know who are they but I can lead you to Vietnamese southern famous garden and introduce about them and very glad to welcome you to my garden

your friend
bigbabol

Very Happy

bigbabol
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  daiviet_nguyen on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:54 am

Hi there,

I might take you up on your offering -- provided that I can get a visa to visit my country of birth!

Just a thought, have not you seen anything from Bát Tràng that is suitable for bonsai? They make rather pleasing huge vases.

Cheers.

daiviet_nguyen
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  bigbabol on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:43 am

daiviet_nguyen wrote:Hi there,

I might take you up on your offering -- provided that I can get a visa to visit my country of birth!

Just a thought, have not you seen anything from Bát Tràng that is suitable for bonsai? They make rather pleasing huge vases.

Cheers.
I know Bat trang pot, but it is not good for bonsai because the structure of the pot
In Vietnam there is nobody use bat trang pot for bonsai
ah, you mentioned to Usd million trees, in my opinion that is unreal price and I haven't seen any transaction with that price
thank you
regards
bigbabol

bigbabol
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  daiviet_nguyen on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 am

FYI: Try this (sorry it is in Vietnamese) http://docbao.com.vn/docbao/bao-TTTD/so-20971.dec#trang-67001/bai-81595/Hai_nam_mua_cay_het_150_ti_dong

Now using http://www.xe.com/:

$150 billions VND is about $7.6 millions US: 2 years spent $7.6 millions US to buy trees!!

$20 billions VND spent (on the landscape in the picture) is about $1.02 millions US

Let's try the ficus in the below picture, with a rather good looking man beside it $7,5 billions VND... okay you get the idea.

This is just one example, there are several more that I could cite. So does that mean that the government-controlled media lie as always?

Or is it because of global warning and the tropical heat is too much for the "reporters"?

-- Sorry this strays from the topic at hand, but I am obligated to follow through with the discussions.

daiviet_nguyen
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Jerry Meislik on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Quite an amazing tree. Good work.
Jerry

Jerry Meislik
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Limonia acidissima bonsai

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:19 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum