Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home.

3 posters

Go down

And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home. Empty And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:55 am

Back to top Go down

And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home. Empty Re: And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home.

Post  JimLewis Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:14 pm

That was all ovr out television a day or so ago. Amazing!

I love these little fresh-water lighthouses. Mostly we see those whitewashed towers of lighthouses on the ocean coasts, but those in the calmer (usually, note the waves in the video) navigable fresh waters have a charm of their own.

Under the ice, that one looks like it could be similar to a couple of Hudson River lighthouses I saw this summer:

And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home. Hudson11

And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home. Hudson12

I can't imagine it getting rough enugh for these to be covered in ice.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home. Empty Re: And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home.

Post  fiona Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Lovely.

Islay has several lighthouses including this one at Carraig Fhada near Port Ellen. You can get out to it at low tide but at high tide on a stormy day...

And we thought it was bad in the UK. Hope theres no one home. Carrai10

Information here
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:06 pm

BBBBRRRRRRRR!!!!
Can you imaging how the residents of that lighthouse are coping? I presume it is inhabited.
Wow, truth is stranger than fantasy.
Thanks for sharing that Will.
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down