Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean

5 posters

Go down

1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean Empty 1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:41 am

Hey Folks,

it's started, today at 6.30 a.m. 3rd November, overcast, rained overnight for 30 minutes and when you breathe out, you see smoke. Nothing as heavy as in winter, but enough to be easily seen and on my eastern patio.
Seasons Greetings.
Khaimraj --------- !!!!!!!!! wah hoo !!!!!!!!!
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean Empty Re: 1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean

Post  Hawaiian77 Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Howzit Khaimraj,

Well, right now it's 05:30am and it's 73 degrees with Showers, Wind blowing from the NE at 21 mph, Humidity at 78%, Surf on the north shore is 10-15++ and it's starting to get cold now!! Time to bring out the blankets. Very Happy Very Happy

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean Empty Re: 1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean

Post  Jay Gaydosh Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Hawaiian77 wrote:Howzit Khaimraj,

Well, right now it's 05:30am and it's 73 degrees with Showers, Wind blowing from the NE at 21 mph, Humidity at 78%, Surf on the north shore is 10-15++ and it's starting to get cold now!! Time to bring out the blankets. Very Happy Very Happy

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

It was 38* here this morning, right now it's 46 and sunny. We have had frost on the windows and ground several times already this fall.

I think, from this point on, I'll leave the blankets in... along with my cold butt!

Only thing you get in Illinois by bringing out the blankets... is cold blankets! santa

BRRRR!

Jay

Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote:
Hawaiian77 wrote:Howzit Khaimraj,

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

It was 38* here this morning, right now it's 46 and sunny. We have had frost on the windows and ground several times already this fall.

I think, from this point on, I'll leave the blankets in... along with my cold butt!

Only thing you get in Illinois by bringing out the blankets... is cold blankets! santa

BRRRR!

Jay

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:05 am

It is still sunny here. lol! flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 am

Hey Folks [ Tim especially]

know your mead - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Trinidad_and_Tobago

playfully,
Khaimraj

[ These people are driving me crazy with fireworks for Divali - helpppppppppp]
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Well Guys, Tim, Jun, Alex, Jay, anyone,

for whatever reason, this island mimics the climate change of the North. Might be the winds, the house shadow, the rain, the bamboo hedge, whatever. All the plants are sleeping. Watering just in the evening to cool the foliage and in the morning to wet the soil. Normally it's wet the soil 3 times a day and then one for the foliage.

My friend Guan, will handle my trees for the next few months, as I visit my family. Repotted the Tamarind into a mica pot, I couldn't risk importing a Yixing. The last time I did they chipped off a 1/4 inch on the edge and they had to reimburse for the entire pot. I doubt they will want to do that again.

Guan will finish the shots on the Tamarind ramification topic.
Until later.
I will look in but be nowhere near a bonsai.
Khaimraj ------------ I am leaving on a Jet plane -------- by the time you read this - Smile
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Howzit Khaimraj,

Have a safe trip..... God Speed. Very Happy

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Have a safe trip Khaimraj.....

Regards,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

1st day - How cold is it - down in the Caribbean Empty How Cold is it?

Post  bonsaisr Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:Hey Folks,

it's started, today at 6.30 a.m. 3rd November, overcast, rained overnight for 30 minutes and when you breathe out, you see smoke. Nothing as heavy as in winter, but enough to be easily seen and on my eastern patio.
Seasons Greetings.
Khaimraj --------- !!!!!!!!! wah hoo !!!!!!!!!
Very funny. Sleep
After a hot summer & a mild fall, we got slapped with a cold spell & I had to bring everything in early. The larch & crabapple are in the ground under rose cones (a thick Styrofoam protector). The cork bark elm had its birdcage changed for a rose cone. I still have to put one over my honeysuckle, because it is listed for Zone 6 & I'm borderline.
All the other hardy species are in the sunporch. The subtropicals are under lights.
Normally, my hardy trees come in just before US Thanksgiving (4th week of November). In Rochester it's right after Thanksgiving.
Have a nice trip.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down