Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood

+4
EdMerc
MACH5
alex e
Justin Hervey
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Empty which design is better? casuarina/iron wood

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:01 am

Hi IBC.

this little tree is really pushing me to the limit of my imagination ( which is quite limited ). while checking on the previous styling i did, i saw this option, which is also okey. before the branches grows beyond bending i must decide...d@#n this tree! if you guys can help me out which is better please do so.

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Dsc_1032
the other option

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Dsc_0112

this is the initial form.

regards,
jun scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Back to top Go down

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Empty Re: which design is better? casuarina/iron wood

Post  Justin Hervey Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:40 am

Hi Jun, great material. I would use the first image and rotate the tree a little for ballance
i=39&u=14030079]which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Dsc_0110[/url]
Justin Hervey
Justin Hervey

Back to top Go down

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Empty Re: which design is better? casuarina/iron wood

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:31 am

Hello Justin. Did you mean the second not first? I would go with Justins Idea Jun. The tree in this position seems to have a reasonable root base. With the semi cascade option, the nebari would be buried.

Back to top Go down

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Empty which design

Post  alex e Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 pm

I,m with Will on this, that nice Nebari would be lost in a cascade

regards Alex e Bagpiper
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Justin,
Hi.
thanks for the input.

regards,
jun

Will,

thanks.

regards,
jun

alex,

thanks.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  MACH5 Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Agreed! By far the better option IMO.
MACH5
MACH5

Back to top Go down

Post  EdMerc Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Jun,

I have to disagree with me esteemed colleagues.

I think that this material is much more dramatic as a semi-cascade. I do agree that the nebari is too nice to bury. That's why I would use a crescent pot. This would help keep the nebari exposed, but also take advantage of the dramatic movement in the trunk.

Good luck,
Ed
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:56 pm

MACH5,

thanks. i appreciate your opinion.

Regards,
jun

Ed,

thanks.
actually thats what makes me think twice upon seeing the possibility of a semi cascade design. i think i can still exposed some nebari even with a semi cascade design,but much of the nebari would be under the soil.
i forgot to mention that though the highlight of the slanting design would be the twisted trunk and the nice nebari,
im having a problem with the lack of branch on the right side of the tree. unlike the semi cascade design where the branches would be all placed above the twisted trunk, and the part of the tree without the branch would be the under side.
this is why i consulted you guys for opinions, to get some more perspective on the possibilities.

regards,
jun
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Surely, semi cascade will be much better.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Budi Sulistyo wrote:Surely, semi cascade will be much better.

Budi

I dont agree, Budi. The distance between the nebari and the elbow is too far in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:20 am

Budi,

thanks a lot.

regards,
jun

Will,

il take another look on the actual tree, probably change angle a bit.

thanks.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Empty which design is better? casuarina/iron wood

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 am

Hello Jun. I have trouble seeing this tree fitting in a semi cascade or crescent pot. The distance with the arrow is too long.which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Dsc_1010

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:44 am

Hi will.
thanks.

how about a full cascade? tilting and dropping more of the trunk perhaps. in a deeper pot, do think i will encounter same problem? i really want a this before to be slanting. but like i said, got problem with right side branch. all branches are coming from only 2 areas as seen in the second photo.

regards,
jun Smile scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:50 am

[quote="will baddeley"which design is better? casuarina/iron wood Dsc_1010[/quote]

Leave it like this, just fasten the pot it's in to the side of the building. Twisted Evil

No really, the nebari would be a problem, but the rest of the presentation is better as a cascade. JMO!

Jay Bagpiper
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  mbolos Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:00 am

Perhaps our conceptions of a "vessel" is skewing our view. As a semi-cascade, I see a gorgeous tree clinging to the side of a mountain. The appropriate rock could utilize the nebari to actually enhance this image.

mbolos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:01 am

Jay,

thanks.
fasten the pot to a building wall- what a terrific idea it is. but not this pot though, this is for growing the tree.i got a pot that can be fasten to a wall for a cascade design. il show it you. lol!

thanks for the input on the possible nebari problem, got to do much thinking on this tree.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:06 am

mbolos,

thanks.
might work as well! it worked on my phempis with similar problem. Smile post it later so youl see if it will work.

regards,
jun study

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:12 am

"...with great possibilities, comes with great headache"- spiderman

Back to top Go down

Post  mbolos Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:19 am

I thought it was "with great, powerful trunks comes great responsibility"?

mbolos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:27 am

jun wrote:Hi will.
thanks.

how about a full cascade? tilting and dropping more of the trunk perhaps. in a deeper pot, do think i will encounter same problem? i really want a this before to be slanting. but like i said, got problem with right side branch. all branches are coming from only 2 areas as seen in the second photo.

regards,
jun Smile scratch

Tilting the tree over much more and the roots will be upside down. If your heart is set on a cascade, then what about planting it up underneath an overhanging rock?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:39 am

...thats too extreme for me Will.
no, my heart is still undecided yet on what to design to adopt. that is why im weighing im options and asking others point of view
to get as much insight as i can.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 am

jun wrote:...thats too extreme for me Will.
no, my heart is still undecided yet on what to design to adopt. that is why im weighing im options and asking others point of view
to get as much insight as i can.

regards,
jun

Too extreme Jun???? What about the rock/ pot sandwich thing, youve got going on Confused

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:03 am

...thats a regular tree planted in a regular position on an extra irregular pot and rock... your other idea is quite intriguing though. the only difference is that the tree this time will be in the irregular/uncommon position in a regular rock and pot.. im still a conservative type of guy you know, when it comes to the tree.
you just have given me a new idea though, but not for this casuarina...this tree is too precious to be sacrifice for new experiment.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 am

Any other angles possible to view, seeking improvement of the solutions avaliable?
Is there more root base burried in the pot e.g.?

Regards
Morten Albek

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:25 am

Morten,

thanks.
that is the beauty of this tree. since its a twisted trunk, with natural shari and jin, and yes nebari is more complete under the soil,all angles can be used and almost all the design can be achieved with this tree... even upside down as will had suggested.

no photo available now for other angles. i will take some more. but may I say in advance, it will get more challenging and confusing after i posted it.

regards,
jun study

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next