Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemon Tree

+3
NeilDellinger
peterson
JimLewis
7 posters

Go down

Lemon Tree Empty Re: Lemon Tree

Post  JimLewis Sat May 01, 2010 3:27 pm

I believe the tree has to be at least 4 years old to produce fruit. Otherwise, I have no idea. Don't overwater. In some plants that can cause fruit drop. However, dry soil does the same with other species.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  peterson Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes it is right that the tree is 4 year old that produce fruit.The taste the fruit, if you have the opportunity. Not all oranges are alike. If you can taste fruit grown on a tree in your area, perhaps from a neighbor, even better.

peterson

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm

I have a myer lemon also, not bonsai just a patio tree. It produced a profusion of blooms, and small fruit. Several large fruits stayed and are growing. A bunch of the others did exactly the same as yours...turned yellow and dropped. I think its part of the normal growth pattern. Possibly the tree "decides" the fruit is excessive and puts its energy into the most viable seed producing fruits and discards the rest.

As nit is, I will have exactly enough for one pitcher of lemonade Very Happy

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Citrus in general will drop excess fruit. That said, I think Myer lemon is happier in a climate like California, USA. (cooler than Florida for the most part and with lower humidity)
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  alexdestin Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:01 am

I have no knowledge of any phytotoxic effect of insecticidal soap in citrus trees. Mine showed no damage after repeated use in recent years. The water is sweet in my area and I make soap in the shade. I can not attest to its effects on stressed trees.

alexdestin

Back to top Go down

Post  brunocharles Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:37 am

we have a lemon tree too, and we live in Montana. I can only think is to ensure pollination, if it is inside the factory. just take a small brush and go over with flowers, flowers Laib different.

Last edited by brunocharles on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spell)

brunocharles

Back to top Go down

Post  dominicjoe Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 am

I have a lemon tree growing near a tree in a garden, which was five years ago organic. We would like to keep it organic. The tree has little lemon juice on the buds and leaves very very very yellow. What I can do for my tree of happiness.

dominicjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down