Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store

+3
Joe Hatfield
John Quinn
sitarbonsai
7 posters

Go down

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Empty My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store

Post  sitarbonsai Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:21 am

I visited the Miami Tropical Bonsai store this weekend and I'll I can say is wow. The place is amazing, I really recommend going if you can, the people are really nice, love what they do and most importantly know what there doing. They have a superb selection of bonsai and the bonsai are fairly priced.

Here are some pictures:
My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00118

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00119

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00120

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00122

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00121

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00123

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00124

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Img00125
sitarbonsai
sitarbonsai

Back to top Go down

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Empty Re: My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store

Post  John Quinn Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 am

Good stuff!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store Empty Re: My visit to Miami Tropical Bonsai store

Post  sitarbonsai Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 am

John Quinn wrote:Good stuff!

yah, definitely
that place had everything
it even had parakeets! Smile

Justin
sitarbonsai
sitarbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:16 am

You should see if they need summer help, maybe you can get in and learn while making some cash Smile ::just a thought:: Thanks for sharing the visit. Looks like a cool place.
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugeye Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Is the fish pond still there?

Bugeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:57 pm

What's the third tree? Looks like a real beauty.

Anyone?
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed Trout Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Russel,

That is a large Bucida bucera ( black olive ). It's a very common landscape tree here in South Florida. The smaller leafed variety ( Bucida spinosa ) is used more for bonsai than the bucera, because of the leaf size.

Ed Trout

Ed Trout

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi Ed.

I kinda thought it looked like a Bucida, but the only one I've ever seen is spinosa - and I knew that wasn't right. Thanks so much for the clarification. That one looks like a big bonsai, but I sure like it!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  pine queen Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm

That tree is actually a cross between a Bucida bucerus and Bucida spinosa named locally as Shady Lady. It, if allowed, grows into a very attractive medium sized landscape tree.

Q

pine queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down