Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos

+3
kenduncan
John Quinn
jgeanangel
7 posters

Go down

How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos Empty How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos

Post  jgeanangel Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:53 pm

These videos will walk you through the process of creating your own screen capture videos.

In the best case scenario you will need the following to successfully create and share your videos:

1. A Microphone for your computer...it might be built in or connected via usb..(I use the built in mic on my Mac laptop at home and a usb headphone mic at work.)

2. An application called Jing...it can be downloaded from JingProject. There is a free version that will work for this process but it requires an extra step. I use the Pro version which has a cost of $15/year but it offers me several conveniences that I find well worth the minimal cost.

3. A Youtube Account...just go to youtube, create an account, and then remember your user name and password.

**Just a note...I have discovered during the course of creating the attached videos that Quicktime Player version 10 also has built in screen capture and youtube upload capabilities. The only downfall is that the screen capture is limited to just the entire screen...but still pretty cool for free..I used it to create part 2.

That is all the hardware and software you need to create your own screen capture videos.
Part 1

Part 2

I think you will find this a much more easy way to communicate ideas and concepts that are often difficult to describe with just words alone. I look forward to your videos:)

If you have questions just leave a post and I will try to answer.

Thanks,
John

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos Empty Re: How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos

Post  John Quinn Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Wonderfully informative, John!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos Empty Re: How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos

Post  kenduncan Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi John, Thank You for making this video, it shows that even I could do that.
No wonder You are a teacher and I am I carpenter.
Ken

kenduncan

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:16 am

Thanks Ken and John. I always appreciate the support you two show me.

John

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:37 am

Thanks for this John - I'm already finding out how wonderfully useful it is and not just for bonsai.

Just a word of advice to others thinking of purchasing Jing. I purchsed the Pro version outright then experienced download difficulties. Turns out you have to download the freebie version first, then purchase Pro essentially as an upgrade. Or at least that's what their Help/Support people told me. Seems a daft way of working but hey, looks like the end result will be worth a bit of minor hassle.

Thanks again, John. Another thing for me to get obsessive about.

Splendid! How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos Icon_biggrin
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Thank you Fiona...I am glad you got the download worked out:)
John

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

How To Create Your Own Screen Capture Videos Empty Great Information

Post  Lord Sequoia Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for the information. It is going to be very useful.
Lord Sequoia
Lord Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post  cloudcomputing Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:36 am

thanks for video capture video of onscreen action and share them instantly.

cloudcomputing

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:53 am

Excellent John. You are a real asset to the bonsai community! Thank you.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down