Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...

2 posters

Go down

Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...  Empty Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...

Post  auto.pilot Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:34 pm

I picked up this BRT about 6 weeks ago and was thinking that the leaves should open during daylight and close at night. However, they always remain closed, regardless of lighting. It's in a window and I have watered it every 3 days, but only when it is nearly dry. Liquid fertilizer was added this week. I've also started spraying it with a fine mist earlier this week. I'm in Michigan and we don't get much sun this time of year. The leaves don't seem to react at all to either full sun or shady days. There appears to be some very small new growth, nearly unchanged over the past few days. I'd like to keep it alive and see it thrive. What's the secret?  thanks in advance.

Jim

Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...  Brt_cl10

auto.pilot

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...  Empty Re: Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...

Post  auto.pilot Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 pm

For anyone who may find this post later, I simply waited a few weeks. The leaves started opening each morning and I also see new growth. The 'answer' was to wait!

thanks

auto.pilot

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...  Empty Re: Brazilian Rain Tree leaves remain closed...

Post  John Quinn Mon May 17, 2021 2:08 am

Brazilian raintrees love hot, humid and sunny weather!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down