Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian Rain Tree

3 posters

Go down

Brazilian Rain Tree  Empty Brazilian Rain Tree

Post  Jim McIntyre Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:04 am

Hi :

I am new ( again ) to bonsai , after having undertaken the hobby about 25 years ago with all feet in ... and then taking a 13 year break ! ( Life came up ) So , I don't really consider myself a newb , and have been charmed by idea of having a Brazilian Rain tree bonsai sitting in my south-facing living room window . But there's a problem ... I can't find one . Not even seeds here in Canada . Seeds are available from other countries , but I don't want to risk having them impounded at the border . I am sure other Canadians around these forums may have some suggestions as to where to get a plant or even seeds .... thanks in advance .

Jim McIntyre

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Rain Tree  Empty Re: Brazilian Rain Tree

Post  JimLewis Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:28 am

Take a vacation to Florida and visit Miami Tropical Bonsai. www.miamitropicalbonsai.com
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:37 am

Actually you don't have to go all the way to Miami/Homestead. Alan Carver's grandfather, Jim Moody introducted the tree to Bonsai and Alan has a nursery in Jupiter, Florida. Also Wiegert's in Fort Myers had them, but that is probaly as far as Miami/Homestead

www.wigertsbonsai.com

http://www.jupiterbonsai.com
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Rain Tree  Empty A Quick response

Post  Jim McIntyre Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks for the quick responses , but I am sourcing either plant or seeds within my own country . I am in Canada , and do not want to go trouble of importing plants , or having seeds confiscated at the border . Thanks for the help in trying .

Jim McIntyre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down