Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here, Looking for my first tree

2 posters

Go down

New here, Looking for my first tree Empty New here, Looking for my first tree

Post  HawkHunt Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Hey there folks!

As the title suggests I am completely new to the forums and to bonsai trees in general
I have always admired the beauty of nature and now I would like to have a piece of that beauty in my home Smile

The problem is that I have no clue as to what would be suitable for my situation so I wanted to consult you guys with all your experience and I hoped you would help me.
I do not know if ALL these conditions can be met so take them as a guideline more so. I would love it if you guys could help narrow down my search for my first tree.

1. The only real condition is that it will have to be an indoor tree, (which pains me slightly since I am madly in love with the Japanese Cherry tree)
2. If at all possible I would love a tree that blooms
3. And the least most important part is a tree that would grow reasonably quickly.

Now to describe the room
I live in the Netherlands and my room varies in temperature quite a lot but I always maintain 16 Degrees C or more including when I am not here(That is to not put too much stress on the woods of my guitars)
The room gets direct sunlight in the mornings up to about noon. There is one VERY large window that covers about the whole of the front of the room.

I have a space set up for the tree where it will pretty much never be in full sunlight but will receive a lot of reflected/indirect light from the walls (which are painted white)

Thats about it!
I hope to learn a lot from you guys!
And thanks for the help in advance:)

HawkHunt

Back to top Go down

New here, Looking for my first tree Empty Re: New here, Looking for my first tree

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm

NEVER being in full sun really restricts your choices...
especially if you would like something that flowers...

i would just google low light bonsai...

i do have an odd little ivy (dont know what kind - orphan shelf at garden center),
it needs very little light, and it is "trunking up" nicely and is pleasing but no flowers...
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

New here, Looking for my first tree Empty Re: New here, Looking for my first tree

Post  HawkHunt Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks for the reply!

I can also have the tree in the window sill where it would Get sunshine untill about 1 or 2 or so.
Would that help improve my options? Or is putting it in a window sill too much for one?

HawkHunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 pm

much better, but still limiting... same google search parameters.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down