Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE

2 posters

Go down

FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE Empty FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE

Post  immAGinoso Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Don't wanna lose this one Sad  I'd really appreciate your advice.

January 20 this year, acquired as mall bonsai and up-potted immediately in pot as seen on 1st photo. Been very healthy and growing.
3 weeks ago, by accident  the pot fell on the floor topdown.  I put back the spilt soil and I fussed around a bit - pushing more soil downward sideways to change the planting tilt a bit. Left alone for a week, seemed ok and was growing.
2 weeks ago,  fertilized with the fish waste fertilizer,didn't follow the instructions and made it double strength .
Day after, got a schedule with a club senior (now on vacation) for help for styling, bending trunk down or repotting.  Moved to a darker spot, thinking it will slow down growth for a week later so  trunk wont harden more.
FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE Retusa10
Last week's picture, leaves started and continued to fall off.
FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE Img_2110
Picture this morning,lost all leaves, they dried and dropped.  And noticed thin trunk bark looks disattaching itself, like onion skin on a drying nion.
The part I outline is the area it is happening. The part shaded is where I touched and thin skin detached from trunk easily.
FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE March_11

I have been watering when soil surface is dry to the touch and been religiously misting all the time.
Today, I put it in a plastic dome beside a bright and large east facing window.  The dome has fresh air gaps above and I put a glass of water inside for humidity.

I am just guessing what to do...Help!

Thanks Smile

Anthony from Toronto

immAGinoso

Back to top Go down

FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE Empty Re: FICUS MICROCARPA - DEAD OR POSSIBLE TO SAVE

Post  breck Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:45 pm

I would put it in a sink and run fresh water through the pot for a few hours, then let drain and hope the excess feed has been washed out of the soil..
You are doing too much work far to quickly to the poor tree. I doubt it will live but if it does leave it alone for a few months to recover

breck

Back to top Go down