Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have I over fertilised my bonsai?

+2
geo
Mui5
6 posters

Go down

Have I over fertilised my bonsai? Empty ? Over- fertilising ?

Post  Mui5 Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:18 pm

I fertilized my bonsai, it could be that i gave to much. That was two or three days ago. When i went to my bonsai today it looked half dead. It looks like the leaves are all sloppy, not dry. I i blow onto the tree the leaves fall off so easy. Dont know what is going on. Please help as soon as possible.

Mui5

Back to top Go down

Have I over fertilised my bonsai? Empty ? Over fertilizing ?

Post  geo Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:18 am

First, you have to give a lot more information. What is the species? Can you provide a photo? What is the fertilizer and how did you apply it? What substrate is the tree in? Did you use a chemical fertilizer on dry substrate? Help us here, or no one will answer and you will go away thinking "What a bunch of a.......!" Exclamation
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Have I over fertilised my bonsai? Empty Re: Have I over fertilised my bonsai?

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:18 pm

over fertilization...

Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Mui5 wrote:I fertilized my bonsai, it could be that i gave to much. That was two or three days ago. When i went to my bonsai today it looked half dead. It looks like the leaves are all sloppy, not dry. I i blow onto the tree the leaves fall off so easy. Dont know what is going on. Please help as soon as possible.
Which ones? I've never been able to over fertilize a tree before. Did you use the stuff according to the directions on the product?
I have an elm I'm trying to see how much fertilizer they can take. This year I put it to it 3 times the strength recommended 3 times a week. It only grew like mad. Next year it gets that same amount 5 times per week. My regular fertilizing regimen is 3 times the amount on the box of miracle grow once per week. That's for everything whether it is in bonsai substrate or still in organics from the nursery or collection.
Miracle Gro loves me. So does the grass under my trees.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Have I over fertilised my bonsai? Empty Re: General questions

Post  geo Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 pm

He probably thought the OPs thread title was a forum permanent thread, He is brand new. However, since it is hijacked: I guess we do have something in common,after all,Frary. We both use MG!
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:07 pm

The only way to fly. Organic fertilizers invite creatures in and they smell.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Have I over fertilised my bonsai? Empty Have I over fertilised my bonsai?

Post  Mui5 Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:33 am

geo wrote:First, you have to give a lot more information. What is the species? Can you provide a photo? What is the fertilizer and how did you apply it? What substrate is the tree in? Did you use a chemical fertilizer on dry substrate? Help us here, or no one will answer and you will go away thinking "What a bunch of a.......!" Exclamation

The liquid form, and black. Dont think you will know the product because the is Afrikaans in the box so i believe it is a local product. Could it be that it came to contact to the leaves. Its a Chinese Elm.

Mui5

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Mui5, the best thing to do is to have a read at this topic then you will know how to post in the future. Hope it helps.

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t10031-f-getting-the-best-from-your-forum-part-three-posting-creating-new-topics

btw there are other helpful threads in that section including how to post pics.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Sounds like a root problem. What kind of soil is it in? Elms like water but not to sit in it.
Fertilizer touching the leaves isn't going to hurt it.
Since it is an elm you can lift it out of the pot and check. If roots are black and feel slimey it is root rot. If so you need to cut those off and put it back into a well draining bonsai soil type mix.
I did one once in summer and it did fine.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  MKBonsai Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Hopefully its not lawn weed and feed.........
MKBonsai
MKBonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down