Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The naked truth

4 posters

Go down

The naked truth Empty The naked truth

Post  gman Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Folks,
Here is my new Amur maple (I posted it in leaf a couple of months ago), the first is the current back, the second the front and the last shows the hollowed trunk. Most of you agreed that its needs a shallower pot, any ideas of shape and colour or in the design of the tree?
Cheers Gman
The naked truth Imgp0610The naked truth Imgp0611The naked truth Imgp0612
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

The naked truth Empty Re: The naked truth

Post  Seth Ellwood Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:54 pm

I personaly like what you are refering to as the rear as the front. To me that pic shows the tree bowing tward the viewer. Also mabye think of removing one of the two lower branches eventually, they seem to form a bar.This is based on the pics provided not actual look ot the tree.As for the pot mabye a shallow blue green rectangle . just my 2C.

Seth Ellwood

Back to top Go down

The naked truth Empty Halloween

Post  gman Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:32 am

Hey Seth,
The hollowed photo seems a little spooky so I've been told, but I was thinking about taking off the branch that hides the lower hollow.
G
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Nice looking tree. Dense ramification is tough with this species, is it not? The soil mix looks exceedingly coarse.

The way the hollows on the trunk line up I'd call this one "Harmonic Convergence." Shocked
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks Rob,
I'm going to ask the previous owner about his soil mix (tonight at out monthly meeting) as there isn't much "organic" in the mix .....mostly granite and lava. Then again.... maybe that's how he's been able to maintain the ramification?
From the records that came with the tree it's due for a repot this coming spring and many folks have recommended a shallower pot (maybe oval) so I'll see what I can find.
Cheers G.
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:51 am

beautiful little tree G. love its character. cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content