Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too tall ficus

+2
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Tom Simonyi
6 posters

Go down

Too tall ficus Empty Too tall ficus

Post  Tom Simonyi Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Too tall ficus Ficus_15

I have decided to work with this tree with its current dimensions intact (i.e. 43 inches in height from the soil line....nebari measures 7 inches across tapering to a 4 inch trunk).  I like the delicate feminine lines.  Probably a little bit tall but will see what develops.  This picture was taken after some clearing up of cross branching, etc.

Regards,
Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Too tall ficus Empty Re: Too tall ficus

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:45 pm

just curious as to who exactly said its too tall ?

i will be looking forward to seeing this as it develops !
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Actually it was my wife of 39 years who said so....I tend to listen to whatever she says after so many years together, plus her eye for bonsai is pretty good even though she is not an active enthusiast. I have a subsequent photo. of the tree after potting up....I will try to post during the next few days.

Thanks for your input.

Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Too tall ficus Empty Too tall ficus

Post  moyogijohn Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:42 am

Tom,, Not to disagree with your wife but I really like the tree !! Looking forward to your progress.. Take care John

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:35 am

Tom, setting aside size for a moment, this tree has a couple of things that are not so common in bonsai today it seems- the feminine curves already mentioned, and a sense of youthfulness. It's very uplifting and mesmerizing. Hats off to you.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:01 am

for me it is nice, not tall at all Very Happy and it would be nicer when the main trunk on the left is bended a bit at the small branch after bending the tree would have a nice curve and the small branch should be wired toward viewer so that the whole foliage would look warmer Very Happy
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Thank you all for the kind words and valuable input.

Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Too tall ficus Empty Hi

Post  Makomune Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:10 am

I'd be interested to see what front you have chosen after potting. For me the front in this picture has just a little movement in the trunk line... Plus, I'm curious as to what that knob near the bottom looks like! I think it looks like a nice healthy tree and you're doing a fine job rearing it Smile
Makomune
Makomune

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down