Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Help - How should i style this ficus ????

+2
Todd Ellis
mouzi4us
6 posters

Go down

Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? Empty Please Help - How should i style this ficus ????

Post  mouzi4us Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:11 am

Hi Gyus
I've Recently Pruned This Ficus Bonsai , I want to know , Which shape is good for wiring , i ll be so thankful if you show me in the pic

Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? 58939718747067219434

mouzi4us

Back to top Go down

Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? Empty Re: Please Help - How should i style this ficus ????

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello Mouzi,
Styling and wiring will depend on how large a tree you want to end up with. If you want a taller tree, then you will need to leave the branches; let them grow. Your two long branches are very straight; I suggest wiring them and add some bends/curves for interest. Or, during active growth (June - August in most of the USA), prune the two long branches close to the main trunk and let new foliage grow. This will give you a shorter tree, but better proportions, that you can train for an older looking tree. Any pruning will give you more branches; which creates more options in the future. Look at books or online for ficus bonsai and observe what makes them look like beautiful bonsai.
Best of luck,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? Empty Re: Please Help - How should i style this ficus ????

Post  TonyRoch Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:27 pm

mouzi4us wrote:Hi Gyus
I've Recently Pruned This Ficus Bonsai , I want to know , Which shape is good for wiring , i ll be so thankful if you show me in the pic

Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? 58939718747067219434

hi mouzi4us,
The plant you have is generally kept in the shorter, partly raised roots style.
a moderate amount of foliage is appreciated with no heavy branches introduced.
see the picture
Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? <a href=Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? Df12" />
TonyRoch
TonyRoch

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:10 pm

The plant you have is generally kept in the shorter, partly raised roots style.
a moderate amount of foliage is appreciated with no heavy branches introduced.
see the picture

I think, if one must have a Ginseng Ficus as a bonsai, most would prefer the shorter root/trunk styling that Mouzi has.

Few consider the typical malsai Ginseng Ficus as more than a houseplant.

Sorry.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:54 pm

I wonder what kind of angles those roots can be bent to, or will individual 'legs' tend to just break off if you bend them.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:57 am

They are very brittle...
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  cpt. Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:00 pm

[img]Please Help - How should i style this ficus ???? 58939710[/img]

ha ha, in a hypothetical world and with lots of time and selective developement

cpt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down