Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014

+10
hungbonsai
Sorcertree
John Quinn
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
fiona
kauaibonsai
Robert Steven
dick benbow
DougB
Khaimraj Seepersad
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014

Post  John Quinn Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:21 am

I love it! Exceptionally imaginative and effective. Arthur Joura has, for years, displayed some of the Arboretum's collection against a backdrop of art that he has produced for each piece. I think he'd find much of this very interesting.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014

Post  Sorcertree Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:35 am

Sorcertree

Back to top Go down

Post  hungbonsai Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:56 am

wonderful!

hungbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Brilliant! I chuckled when I saw "Norman Rockwell" ... May I presume that the young man, covered in wire, danced in the milieu?
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Wonderkeeper Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:51 am

I love the idea and hope it will be more show like this in the future.
Wonderkeeper
Wonderkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Fiona wrote:I like the artistry in this exhibition and it has the twist of the unexpected about it. I would worry that it has a bit too much "action" going on. The exhibits are fairly busy, and there seemed little scope for quiet meditation. SOmetimes, for me (stress on the me bit) the trees were getting lost in the overall exhibit - which I am happy to accept may just have been photo angles etc.

I'm all in favor of the multimedia approach, but Fiona is right -- some of these are too filled up with "stuff for stuff's sake."

That's the way, though, when new methods of any kind are being developed. Someone has a good concept, and then as it is encouraged and developed, a few take it a step or two too far; then the next time and the next, there are adjustments, until they get it right.

And, of course, the "too far" may become more acceptable as time passes.

A very fun show.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 5510

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 5610

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 6110
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Robert...I am late to the party but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with your show. The creativity and imagination are just off the scale!! I cannot imagine how long it took to put together all of these displays! Looks like a very nice venue as well. I also love the notion of the black scissors group:) Absolutely great work!!!! I truly hope it has the desired affect!

John

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:39 pm

i really dig most all of it, but this one bothered me enough that i wanted to comment on it...

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 5610

i love the wind blown pin-up girl as everything about her supports the wind through the tree...
(even the direction of her eyes !)

but then the decidedly un-wind-blown ballerina puts the kibosh on all that movement...
it is like a stop sign at the end of a drag-strip, where the dragster should coast to a finish rather than stop abruptly.

that seems like "stuff for the sake of stuff"

just my opinion.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:19 am

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 5410

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 3310
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:32 pm

This would really work well if her orientation was exactly opposite; 180 degrees.
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:43 pm

if this were mine (and if i were french), i would call it "la bête à deux dos"

Multimedia Bonsai Presentation - IBA&CB 2014 - Page 2 3310
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next