Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nursery trash bonsai

+2
moyogijohn
Vance Wood
6 posters

Go down

Nursery trash bonsai Empty Nursery trash bonsai

Post  Vance Wood Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:41 am

Nursery trash bonsai 2xb8u3Cl

Nursery trash bonsai.  This Shimpaku started this  journey as a three gallon nursery tree about five years ago.  It still has a long way to go but it's a start.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Nursery trash bonsai Empty Re: Nursery trash bonsai

Post  Vance Wood Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:44 am

To be honest with all of you this was actually another attempt to get posting photos right. Something I have not been able to do since changing over to an Apples System. It seems to have worked and I am happy.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Nursery trash bonsai Empty nursery trash bonsai

Post  moyogijohn Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Vance,, You made it from trash to treasure !! very nice tree.. it is good to hear from you it has been a long time ! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:29 pm

moyogijohn wrote:Vance,, You made it from trash to treasure !! very nice tree.. it is good to hear from you it has been a long time ! take care  john

Good to hear from you as well.  You don't post at Bnut as often as you used to.  How's the little Pine doing? You still have just about the only example of Pinus Virginiana that I know of and a nice one as well. Thanks for the kind words about my Shimp but compared to some of the trees I see on this site my tree is not much better than trash.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  appalachianOwl Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:46 pm

very awesome tree. it is a challenge to take this approach, but very rewarding, you know this Wink . often makes me think more creatively, how about yourself? please keep us updated on this one, thanks for sharing.
appalachianOwl
appalachianOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 am

appalachianOwl wrote:very awesome tree. it is a challenge to take this approach, but very rewarding, you know this Wink . often makes me think more creatively, how about yourself? please keep us updated on this one, thanks for sharing.

I will do that.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 pm

I agree, Vance....good to see your recent posts.....I sincerely hope that you and Leigh are well these days...  I have always enjoyed seeing your work and this Shimpaku is no exception.....lovely....thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Tom Simonyi wrote:I agree, Vance....good to see your recent posts.....I sincerely hope that you and Leigh are well these days...  I have always enjoyed seeing your work and this Shimpaku is no exception.....lovely....thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
Tom

Thanks Tom. Have you been able to harvest any more of those Virginia Pine?
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

You are most welcome, Vance....and no, I have not harvested any more virginia pines....my health is o.k. but not great so I don't get out in the field much anymore....here is a picture of the pine you referred to...I so much enjoy taking care of it.  This photo. was taken in September of 2013........hard to believe for me that it was collected back in the spring of 1992.

Best regards,
TomNursery trash bonsai P_virg10
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Vance, your Shimpaku is very nice! And Tom, your pine is nice too. I have many seedling pines in my yard and have been pruning on them for a few years with hopes that they might turn into something. Some of my favorite trees were found in the trash areas of nurseries, TLC sections  Very Happy 
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  jupp Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Todd Ellis wrote:Vance, your Shimpaku is very nice! And Tom, your pine is nice too. I have many seedling pines in my yard and have been pruning on them for a few years with hopes that they might turn into something. Some of my favorite trees were found in the trash areas of nurseries, TLC sections  Very Happy 
 ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp  I like your Juniper too. It will be a great Bonsai........... thumbs up 
jupp
jupp

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:05 pm

Tom Simonyi wrote:You are most welcome, Vance....and no, I have not harvested any more virginia pines....my health is o.k. but not great so I don't get out in the field much anymore....here is a picture of the pine you referred to...I so much enjoy taking care of it.  This photo. was taken in September of 2013........hard to believe for me that it was collected back in the spring of 1992.

Best regards,

Wow!  You have done wonderful things with this tree.  It is a fine a piece of work as I had seen around here in some time.

Question for you Tom: What's the story with the container? I would love to get my hands on something like it.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:45 am

Tom Simonyi wrote:You are most welcome, Vance....and no, I have not harvested any more virginia pines....my health is o.k. but not great so I don't get out in the field much anymore....here is a picture of the pine you referred to...I so much enjoy taking care of it.  This photo. was taken in September of 2013........hard to believe for me that it was collected back in the spring of 1992.

Best regards,

I've a copy of your tree in 2009:

Nursery trash bonsai JACWRpD
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 am

Sure a big difference all the way around Tom.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 am

Vance....your words truly humble me....I deeply appreciate them....I think you deserve a lot of the credit because over the years since you first commented on the tree, you recommended training the tree as you do your mugos (which are very beautifully done...especially the one in this post....is that the one you dubbed "Fat Little Pig" in the early days of the GardenWeb?

I have trained my virginia pine for many years as per your recommendations, and for that I am truly thankful.

Regarding the pot, I obtained it from Dave Lowman of DaSu Bonsai (he has a website)....in Iowa.

Nice to reconnect with you, my friend....

Best always,
Tom

Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:32 am

Thanks a bunch you are too kind. You are also correct this is the one time pig. As much as it has been reduced I am contemplating renaming it bringing home bacon.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:12 pm

You are most welcome, Vance....and I think the new name is very appropriate....
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down