Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japenese Black Pine

3 posters

Go down

Japenese Black Pine  Empty Japenese Black Pine

Post  yogesh Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 am

hi,
my first Pine ever . bought from a horticulture show selected it out from almost ten others with straight trunck... will pot it in Feb ...
not a good plant to have in a monsoon terrain with high moisture, clay soil and heavy rain.
but could not resist..
have tried wiring but nee help as want to give it proper bends before it start getting hard..
i m also tring to figure out a right soil mix and right place to keep it growing as it loves sunlight....
please ... please comment
Japenese Black Pine  <a href=Japenese Black Pine  Img_2015" />
yogesh
yogesh

Back to top Go down

Japenese Black Pine  Empty Re: Japenese Black Pine

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Yog,

try getting it to grow and be healthy first. Forget the wiring for now. Get at least 3 so you don't love or experiment the 1 plant to death.
You may find seeds to be fun.

If your climate is wet, use 5 mm gravel [ silica, river pebbles, rounded shapes or sifted builder's gravel ] plus some cured manure or compots. Try 80% gravel to 20 % organic [ by volume ].
Use an earthenware pot [ porous ] and no deeper than 6" [ 15 cm ]

Perhaps best to find a clay pot the same size or slightly larger than the clear plastic pot you have it in.

Or you can use a plastic colander and go a little richer on the organic in the soil mix.

Can you locate a copy of Bonsai Today nos. 12 and 20. ?

They will have much of the information you are trying to get in pictures.
Best of growing.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  arihato Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Whatever you do, don't cut off the lower branches. These will make a good root flare so much easier to achieve.

I agree, having only one of a species will make it too special to do what needs to be done. Get more...... cheers 
arihato
arihato

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down