Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John's potty pines

+3
Velodog2
chris
Jeremy
7 posters

Go down

John's potty pines Empty John's potty pines

Post  Jeremy Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi,
John H. had three pines to repot today at Dragon's Wedneday workshop.
First a scots pine.
John's potty pines Dscf3120
John's potty pines Dscf3114
John's potty pines Dscf3115
John's potty pines Dscf3116

Last edited by Jeremy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

John's potty pines Empty black pine

Post  Jeremy Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 pm

John repots his black pine.
John's potty pines Dscf3117
John's potty pines Dscf3118
John's potty pines Dscf3119
John's potty pines Dscf3212
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

John's potty pines Empty White pine

Post  Jeremy Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:41 pm

... and finally John's white pine.
John's potty pines Dscf3213
John's potty pines Dscf3214
John's potty pines Dscf3215
John's potty pines Dscf3216

Four of John's pines.
John's potty pines Dscf3217

I potted my hawtorn into a Peter Krebs pot.
John's potty pines Dscf3218
John's potty pines Dscf3219
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

John's potty pines Empty John's potty Pines

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:03 pm

A great bunch of pines John's got there. You got a close up of your Hawthorn? Love the pot but would it look better in something slightly deeper maybe?

Back to top Go down

John's potty pines Empty Re: John's potty pines

Post  chris Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Will,
The pot for this Hawthorn is a longer running saga than Eastenders,Jerry will no doubt fill in the rest of the story
Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Oh dear Chris. Have I opened a can of worms John's potty pines Icon_eek

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi Will,
Jerry could have gone on holiday with the money he has spent on trying to get the right pot for this tree, I think this one is great but I understand your concerns, the trunk is massive and this has been a problem to balance it within a pot. This is a tree for the future but I dont know what pot it will be in by then???????
Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

John's potty pines Empty Walter's encouragement.

Post  Jeremy Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Will,
Yep! Chris hit the nail on the head.
A few years back I even got Walter Pall to call my pot selection for the hawthorn as"hideous." He was right, it was hideous.
This pot I feel works. The tree clearly needs work, now I have found the pot, I'll work on balancing tree and pot.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Velodog2 Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Love the trunks on your pines, especially the first two! Sigh - I am getting a little tired of tree envy. I may have to cut back on this site.

Velodog2

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm

will baddeley wrote:You got a close up of your Hawthorn?
John's potty pines Dscf3121
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:39 am

I'd love the oportunity to carve this Hawthorn to fit the wonderful pot. Left side careful reduction and Bob's your uncle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaco Kriek Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:24 am

Lovely Pines. I assume John is compressing/ levelling the soil here. But what tool is he using?

John's potty pines Dscf3110
Jaco Kriek
Jaco Kriek

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:44 am

will baddeley wrote:I'd love the oportunity to carve this Hawthorn to fit the wonderful pot. Left side careful reduction and Bob's your uncle.
Hi Will,
I plan to refine / reduce the deadwood once the tree is settled in.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 am

Jaco Kriek wrote:Lovely Pines. I assume John is compressing/ levelling the soil here. But what tool is he using?
John's potty pines Dscf3110
Hi jaco,
It is an ancient piece of green plastic. John swears by it.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 am

Jeremy wrote: It is an ancient piece of green plastic. John swears by it.
Steeped in Welsh magic and mystery. The trees of the Chosen One who first finds and uses it will become show winners and will be protected by magic from pest, disease, foul fiends, hags, demons, Scots, Scousers and anyone from the Manchester conurbation.

Legend has it that when John found it, he had to slay the dragon that was guarding it which is of course how the group got its name.

I'm away to find out what Himindoors has put in my breakfast coffee!
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

John's potty pines Empty potty pines

Post  alex e Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 am

I would cut doon on the Irn Bru Fiona or at least dont
mix it with the mecdication No No lol!

drunken Alex
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:18 am

fiona wrote:
Jeremy wrote: It is an ancient piece of green plastic. John swears by it.
Steeped in Welsh magic and mystery. The trees of the Chosen One who first finds and uses it will become show winners and will be protected by magic from pest, disease, foul fiends, hags, demons, Scots, Scousers and anyone from the Manchester conurbation.
Legend has it that when John found it, he had to slay the dragon that was guarding it which is of course how the group got its name.
I'm away to find out what Himindoors has put in my breakfast coffee!
Hi Fiona,
Really.... Thank you. I bow to your superior knowledge of the occult and all things magic, (you forgot mcGuffins).
I thought it was just an old piece of plastic John found in his kids play box years ago.
The legend grows.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:41 am

John has just called me.

Fiona you are right, except for one small detail.
It was not a welsh dragon, but a mean and fierce Jack Russel.
John's potty pines Milo10
picture for illustration purposes only.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:55 am

Jeremy wrote: Hi Fiona, Really.... Thank you. I bow to your superior knowledge of the occult and all things magic, (you forgot mcGuffins). I thought it was just an old piece of plastic John found in his kids play box years ago.
Ah yes, McGuffin - the legendary dragon king whose name translates as Son of the Wind - for twas he who planted the magic scale in the enchanted toybox which grew to be 'r hud gwyrdd plastic beth* and was later to be wrestled valiantly from the grip of the fearsome Jack Russell (called for some unaccountable reason - Selina) by John the Pine - Knight of Carmarthenshire (and several days of Ammanford.)

All of which is a short way of saying: John, your pines are quite stunning and any or all of them would be very welcome additions to my display benches. I look forward to seeing them next time I'm down in Dragonland. (which, be warned, may be sooner than you think!! John's potty pines Herz )

* or summat like that. There must be a much more romantic Welsh word for plastic. Altho come to think of it, the Scottish Gaelic for plastic is also... erm... plastic.

alex e wrote:I would cut doon on the Irn Bru Fiona or at least dont mix it with the medication
Fear not, young sir, I shall book me fifthwith for a gentle afternoon of windmill tilting at the new local facility - the Betty Ford Priory.

I should stop reading Terry Pratchett shouldn't I?

The legend grows.

Last edited by fiona on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 am

fiona wrote:
Jeremy wrote: Hi Fiona, Really.... Thank you. I bow to your superior knowledge of the occult and all things magic, (you forgot mcGuffins). I thought it was just an old piece of plastic John found in his kids play box years ago.
Ah yes, McGuffin - the legendary dragon king whose name translates as Son of the Wind - for twas he who planted the magic scale in the enchanted toybox which grew to be 'r hud gwyrdd plastic beth* and was later to be wrestled valiantly from the grip of the fearsome Jack Russell (called for some unaccountable reason - Selina) by John the Pine - Knight of Carmarthenshire (and several days of Ammanford.)

All of which is a short way of saying: John, your pines are quite stunning and any or all of them would be very welcome additions to my display benches. I look forward to seeing them next time I'm down in Dragonland. (which, be warned, may be sooner than you think!! John's potty pines Herz )

* or summat like that. There must be a much more romantic Welsh word for plastic. Altho come to think of it, the Scottish Gaelic for plastic is also... erm... plastic.

alex e wrote:I would cut doon on the Irn Bru Fiona or at least dont mix it with the medication
Fear not, young sir, I shall book me fifthwith for a gentle afternoon of windmill tilting at the new local facility - the Betty Ford Priory.

I should stop reading Terry Practhett shouldn't I?

The legend grows.

nope. his newest is an interestingt read don't you think?
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 am

Ah, Sir Littlebob of the coven tree! I salute thee sah, preferably with four bottles of Ardbeg and a tottie scone.

Right. It's time I went to work. Perhaps by the time I return, the fumes from the spray painting of wee aireyplanes that is being conducted upstairs will have abated.

Oh come, Creative Muses, let us hie us to the Loch of Winnoch to paint a few fences, clear a wetland and be generally nice to the bird-watching public. No, Tony, not that kind of bird.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down