Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

royal poinciana bonsai project

+6
jimenezl
Jkd2572
jamesregin
Nigel Parke
Khaimraj Seepersad
kauaibonsai
10 posters

Go down

royal poinciana bonsai project - Page 2 Empty Re: royal poinciana bonsai project

Post  jrodriguez Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:41 am

Sam,

Royal poinciana has a history as bonsai in Puerto Rico of more than fifty years. The two oldest specimens are owned by Pedro Morales and were started by two Puertorican bonsai pioneers; Mr. Adán Montalvo and Mr. Hugo Storer. Go to his page to see them. They both bloom.

Dead wood rots quickly, even with treatment. Don't be discouraged. They heal beautifully and hollows will close up in no time.

Take care,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

royal poinciana bonsai project - Page 2 Empty Re: royal poinciana bonsai project

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am

thanks jose, nice to hear from you. several years ago a friend in honolulu had a nice one in full bloom. someday I trust mine will bloom, too.

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  marvinf Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:59 pm

I have attempted two plants and they are both over ten years old. The oldest was placed in a small container from seed and it never branched. The second was placed in a gallon pot and branched within the second year. Both have never bloomed I am assuming that the plant needs to be greater than 24" in order to support blooms.

marvinf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down