Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reducing needle size Larch

Go down

Reducing needle size Larch Empty Reducing needle size Larch

Post  Guest Mon May 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Can someone please provide me some information on how to reduce needle size on Larches.

is it to do with soil mix, watering and feedings?

Back to top Go down

Reducing needle size Larch Empty Re: Reducing needle size Larch

Post  Guest Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 pm

if your trying to reduce needle size to show the tree let the tree get root bound like don't repot it a year or two at max past the time you usually repot then don't start to fertilize till the buds push green and the green is fully grown. nick lenz has also talked about when he shows a larch he would defoliate the tree. he talks about it in his book and ive asked him in the past about that technique hopefully this helps

Back to top Go down

Post  tmmason10 Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 pm

My larch needles are super long right now. I imagine its because its in a large nursery can, gets plenty of water, and fertilizer. If its just in a growing out stage shouldn't be a big deal.

tmmason10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 14, 2013 2:23 am

tmmason10 wrote:My larch needles are super long right now. I imagine its because its in a large nursery can, gets plenty of water, and fertilizer. If its just in a growing out stage shouldn't be a big deal.
yeah a couple of my larches have really large needles cause i was testing a new fertilizer not really worried about that right now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down