Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!!

+3
Tzung Tzan
JimLewis
Phil S
7 posters

Go down

Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Empty Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!!

Post  Phil S Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Thought you may like to see whats clinging to cliffs these days!
Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Ancien12
Phil S
Phil S

Back to top Go down

Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Empty Re: Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!!

Post  JimLewis Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Beautiful. I truly hope you left it there.

BTW, the color of this deadwood should be testament to how ugly is the blank white you get when deadwood is treated with lime sulfur -- and there's nothing you can add to get that silvery color.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Empty Re: Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!!

Post  Phil S Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:53 pm

[quote="JimLewis"]Beautiful. I truly hope you left it there.

Wouldn't dream of removing it!
Phil S
Phil S

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzung Tzan Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Masterpiece of nature!! I just hope the tree lives for the rest of its life up there where the view is great.
Tzung Tzan
Tzung Tzan

Back to top Go down

Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Empty Yamadori juniper- far to tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!!

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Wow! Ive never seen anything like it . What type of Juniper is it and what country?

Back to top Go down

Post  David Brunner Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:55 am

Thanks Phil! That's beautiful! It's very nice to know such natural inspiration in out there thriving.

David Brunner

David Brunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 am

JimLewis wrote:Beautiful. I truly hope you left it there.

BTW, the color of this deadwood should be testament to how ugly is the blank white you get when deadwood is treated with lime sulfur -- and there's nothing you can add to get that silvery color.

Yes there is! Very Happy
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Please show me. I've been doing bonsai for 40 years and have never seen anything that resembles natural bleaching of the wood.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Empty Amazing

Post  Gæst Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Amazing. Nature makes it better than any man.

Regards
Morten Albek

Gæst

Back to top Go down

Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Empty RE: Yamadori Juniper

Post  Geof Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 pm

This one looks so similar to another photo that was on Flickr awhile back. Amazing what Mother Nature creates. She truly is the best teacher!
Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! 25053010
Geof
Geof
Geof

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:15 pm

JimLewis wrote:Please show me. I've been doing bonsai for 40 years and have never seen anything that resembles natural bleaching of the wood.

Replicate mother's nature's process - first desiccate the wood, then bleach it, then preserve it, then tint it. I'll leave the exact steps up the reader to discover as home work (to quote all engineering professors!)

Now if you said match the TEXTURE of old deadwood then I would have agreed with you, but the color is recreatable.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Phil S wrote:Thought you may like to see whats clinging to cliffs these days!
Yamadori juniper- far too tempting to rockclimbing bonsai enthusiasts!!! Ancien12

Beautiful. i would say that that tree has been clinging to cliffs not just these days, but for many past days. Wink
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Man, those junipers could tell a few stories.
Nik Rozman
Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down