Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling

4 posters

Go down

Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling Empty Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling

Post  webos Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi Guys,
Spent the past couple of nights taking off dead foliage and wiring up this tree for the first time... Unfortunately I dont think I have a before photo but this tree was a real conundrum for me.

Originally the top branch ran out a foot and a half diagonally to the right and was very straight. I gave it a twist to make the tree more compact, wired out all of its branches. As you can see it only has two other "real" branches out to the left. The branch out to the right has no foliage so I stole a little shoot from the back and tacked it to the right hand branch.

As you might imagine, I'll choose some branches at the bottom for Jins.

Plans for the future...Jins, building foliage pads and apex, dealing with bar branches, potting into a rectangular brown pot.

let me know your thoughts

Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling Needle14

webos

Back to top Go down

Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling Empty Re: Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling

Post  Fuzzy Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi Webos
Shame you didn’t show the tree before you commenced styling then we could have had a brain storming session for possible future design choices. Still, you made a start so it’ll be interesting to see it’s progress in the future. I’m sure the more experienced on here will give you a more valuable critique of your tree than I could. Good start. Smile
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling Empty Re: Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling

Post  webos Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks Fuzzy...Yeah, a lot of my trees get done before I grab the camera.. I need to make it part of my bonsai system!

webos

Back to top Go down

Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling Empty URBAN JUNIPER

Post  alex e Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:23 am

Hi Webos, its begging for some serious carving!! Cool

Alex
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  webos Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:23 am

Thats the plan! Any ideas on which branches to keep and carve and which to cut off would be greatly appreciated..

Anyone out there want to do a virt of this tree carved?

Thanks guys

webos

Back to top Go down

Urban Yamadori Juniper - First Styling Empty I see you made it !

Post  Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Adam... I see you made it mate. Great to have you on board... Always make lots of photos, from the start, development etc... and from lots of angles... It pays off in the end.

BTW Fuzzy is really called Eric Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  webos Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 am

Thanks for the invitation Tony. Thanks also for getting me addicted to yet another Bonsai internet forum...My wife hates me now! Nice to meet you there Eric/Fuzzy.. Working on another Juniper today which was workshopped with Robert Steven last year...

webos

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Webos, and welcome aboard!

For me, the 4 branches lower right are the ones to jin. I can't give any complex reasons, that's just the first image that jumped into my head when I scrolled down!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down