Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spruce Yamadori - first styling

+16
juniper07
Berner
abcd
dorothy7774
Russell Coker
sabamiki
Todd Ellis
Orion
Tona
Hans van Meer.
Pavel Slovák
Sakaki
yamasuri
GašperG
GriGri
rolandp
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spruce Yamadori - first styling Empty Spruce Yamadori - first styling

Post  rolandp Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Dear IBC members.

I collected this Spruce a couple of years ago and bcs. the tree showed good health and strength I decided to give the spruce the first styling. The goal was to make only the basic styling without detailed wiring. The deadwood part of the work has also to be completely done in the future. I also decided to leave much more branches on the tree at the moment as i will need in the final design.

The Spruce after collecting
Spruce Yamadori - first styling 01smrekabefore

Before the first styling
Spruce Yamadori - first styling Dsc0097s

After the first styling
Spruce Yamadori - first styling Dsc0237s

My future plan is to make the crown less heavy on the right side (mote empty spaces) and the left part of the crown a bit longer.
Regards, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Spruce Yamadori - first styling Empty Re: Spruce Yamadori - first styling

Post  GriGri Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Great stuff, maybe lightening the left side too ? the second branche from the bottom seem "sandwiched" too much between 1 and 3 (it might be the angle at which the picture was taken)

What kind of pot do you have in mind for this ?

GriGri

Back to top Go down

Post  GašperG Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:48 am

Hi Roland,

Great start I think. Yes, there are more branches than needed and as you stated not many heavy bends and fine wiring-keeping the tree as stress free as possible. I think the tree looks very promising. I like the strong base and the tall deadwood part that follows. cheers

Best...

Gašper
GašperG
GašperG

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:47 am

GriGri thanks for you nice reply. The left branch has to be less heavy as well, i absolutely agree, the plan is also to develop the foliage in the direction that it will cover some parts of the trunk. At the moment is was not possible bsc. of the length of the branches.

The pot which i have in mind is this one:
Spruce Yamadori - first styling Sm132

Gašper, thanks for you kind words. cheers

Regrads, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 am

Roland,
I like the tree. Looks very strong and vigore. The first branch/jin on the left bottom makes kind of knee. Will you consider carve it to mintain visual smooth taper of trunk? The pot is kind of shell for such robust tree? That's my 2cents Smile
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Dear Roland

Does it have an alternate crown just behind the deadwood? (do you have a pic of backside?)
I think there is a little reverse taper issue at first left branch's out point? Or the photo mislead me?
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Dear Yamasuri, im glad you like it. As mentioned, it is in a very early stage of development. The deadwood has to be completely styled, at the moment it is untouched. Cant wait to start Smile All the jins and sharis on the tree are pure natural. The first branch on the left side is as you mentioned to long and dosnt compliment the trunk at the moment. At the moment i use it as an anchor for the next branch which had to be bend down, so i didnt style it at all an it looks really ugly Smile For the pot i have to agree, but the future plan for this tree is a more lighter over all image and maybe than it will fit...who knows:)

Dear Sakaki. Unfortunately there is no other alternative crown behind the deadwood. This deadwood is the natural top of the tree. (I will try to make a photo from the back and post it). I used one of the strong branches in the back for the new top and my plan is to develop it as the new crown. The new top will eventually grow around the deadwood, more towards the front of the tree and cower the deadwood top in some areas. Yea, there is a reverse taper issue on the first branch, maybe it is even more disturbing at the last picture, but a quite realistic view of the branch is best visible on the first photo. As i already mentioned to Yamasuri i will try to solve this issue when the deadwood will be styled.

Thanks to both of you one more time for the comments. thumbs up
Regards, roland

Last edited by rolandp on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type mistake)
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Very nice tree and good work Roland.
Congratulations!! Very Happy

Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Clear enough Roland. I was just curious to know. Cant wait next progress. I love the tree
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:56 am

Pavel, thanks for your comment. Im glad you like it. cheers

Yamasuri, thanks for asking. Im also very couriouse how my plan will turn out in reality Very Happy

regards, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 am

Hi Roland!
Wow you have don a marvelous first styling! I have seen this tree in the flesh and it was by no way obvius or easy to style, so well don indeed my friend! It is going to be a stunner in the future! So keep us posted about it progress in the years to come!

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:27 am

Hi Hans.

Thanks for you nice comment. Im very happy you like the styling cheers
I really hope it will turn out in a stunner, for shore I will post pictures form the development.

Cheers my friend, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Dear IBC members.

I like to share the update on the Spruce with you. The two big jins will be smaller eventually when i don't use them a anchors any more. The pot is as well a training pot and will be replaced in the future. But i think a good step forward was done and I hope you like it as well.

Spruce Yamadori - first styling 600-005

Cheers, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Very nice progression Roland.
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Wow. What a progress. Start looking very promising.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Really beautiful tree, you've done an excellent progression.
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 am

Lovely tree! What kind of pot do you have in mind?
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  sabamiki Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm jealous Wink I see great future for this tree , progress is very good Roland . congratulations
sabamiki
sabamiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:58 pm

rolandp wrote:Dear IBC members.

I like to share the update on the Spruce with you. The two big jins will be smaller eventually when i don't use them a anchors any more. The pot is as well a training pot and will be replaced in the future. But i think a good step forward was done and I hope you like it as well.

Spruce Yamadori - first styling 600-005

Cheers, roland
Hi my friend,
once again, well don! cheers I am happy to see that you have such a good eye for open spaces, they make this tree look far away from use , tall and realy huge! Majestic comes to mind when you look at your creation! I am not so keen on the lower tip of the cascading branch breaking trough the line of the pot, it's closes of that open space between pot and branch, but that might be the angle of the picture. But that is all nitpicking, it's a stunner and one that is very promising!
Keep us posted!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Last edited by Hans van Meer. on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typOnegotive)
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 pm

I think it's incredible. It reminds me of the old Cedrus I see in pictures of estate gardens in Europe. I wouldn't change anything. Just beautiful!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Russell Coker wrote:

I think it's incredible.  It reminds me of the old Cedrus I see in pictures of estate gardens in Europe.  I wouldn't change anything.  Just beautiful!
I second all of what Russel said. Also, a very clever way of utilizing the height of the trunk. Is the upper third of the visible trunk still alive?

Best,
Dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:21 am

Very nice Result Rolandp.

Nicely done!

regards,
jun Smile 

Back to top Go down

Spruce Yamadori - first styling Empty spruce

Post  abcd Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 am

smalls modifications
Spruce Yamadori - first styling <a href=Spruce Yamadori - first styling Spruce10" />
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi all. Thank you for the all the kind words. I'm veeeeery happy you like the styling and the current look of the tree. Very Happy 

Todd Ellis wrote:Lovely tree! What kind of pot do you have in mind?
I think the pot will be very similar to the shape of the pot which "abcd" made in the virtual. abcd, thank you for this nice virtual, the shorter dead top is definitely and alternative.

Hans van Meer. wrote:

Hi my friend,
once again, well don! cheers I am happy to see that you have such a good eye for open spaces, they make this tree look far away from use , tall and realy huge! Majestic comes to mind when you look at your creation! I am not so keen on the lower tip of the cascading branch breaking trough the line of the pot, it's closes of that open space between pot and branch, but that might be the angle of the picture. But that is all nitpicking, it's a stunner and one that is very promising!
Keep us posted!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hello my Friend. You teached me the principles of open spaces in such good way that this is only my application of your teaching. I must admit that i didn't pay attention to the lover tip of the branch in the alignment of the line of the pot (its not the angle of the picture Embarassed ). This will be changed for sure, so thanks a lot for this observation:). Im very happy you like the styling my friend.

dorothy7774 wrote:
Russell Coker wrote:

I think it's incredible.  It reminds me of the old Cedrus I see in pictures of estate gardens in Europe.  I wouldn't change anything.  Just beautiful!
I second all of what Russel said. Also, a very clever way of utilizing the height of the trunk. Is the upper third of the visible trunk still alive?

Best,
Dorothy
Hi Dorothy, the upper third of the trunk is unfortunately not alive. The new top is an old branch from the back of the trunk which i bended step by step each year and now its almost in the final position.

Cheers, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Berner Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Roland

Great tree and superb transformation - I really appreciate the great health of the tree as well. Good choice of pot - just excellent!

Best regards Jens
Berner
Berner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next