Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE.

2 posters

Go down

STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE. Empty STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE.

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi everybody,
last week I spend most of my time walking along the coastline not to far away from were I live. It was the warmest week on record with temperatures way above 20 degrees! It was amazing to enjoy the warm sun this late in the year after such a bad bad Summer! I even had a lovely swim in a mirror like still sea on the first two days of this month, in October! But in between this Indian Summer fun I managed to restyle my Spruce that I brought back from a workshop and demo weekend that I did in August 2008 for the Norsk Bonsaiselskap in Norway. Link: http://hans-van-meer.ofbonsai.org/2008/08/ A student from Sweden had brought this tree along to work on and after the workshop he swapped it with one of the organizers for some pots and other bonsai related paraphernalia. And I bought it from them because I liked it and it would be a nice way to remember the great time I had in friendly Norway! But I got there by plain so there was one major question to be answered, would it fit in to my trunk?! Well my friend Rune, were I stayed during that weekend, helped me to pack my little stowaway tree like it was a desk lamp.

STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE. Norway11

And people often ask me why I always bring such a big trunk along? Well this is why!

STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE. Norway12

And this is the first picture of the tree unpacked and safe in my garden.

STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE. Norway13

And this is how the tree looks after I restyled it a few days ago. I must look for a better pot though, I dont like the color of this one ! Smile

STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE. 1-10-210

I think that this simple little tree already has a nice and pleasing image, but I dont like were the bottom left branch is growing from. It is disturbing because it grows from the inside of that curve! I will replace it as soon as the branch above it has thickened enough. For now it is back to growing happily for a few more years and then we will see what happens! Before I know it, it will be time to go and find me a nice pot for it!
This Friday I will travel to Slovenia to do a weekend workshop and demo! I can hardly wait to go and work with all those new Bonsai friends!!! I will post images from that trip as soon as I get back home! So watch this space!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE. Empty Re: STYLING MY STOWAWAY SPRUCE.

Post  landerloos Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:12 am

I like the spruce Hans, the pot whats wrong with it, nice patina what more do you want Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down