Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My pemphis trees (need help on one of them)

4 posters

Go down

My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) Empty My pemphis trees (need help on one of them)

Post  paper_boy Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 am

Tree #1: windswept tree ( hopefully one day ) - been with me for 2 months
My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) 3535735c16d752f34873dbbcd3ead468
will let it go wild for a few months

Tree #2: informal upright (still needs ramification) - been with me for a week
My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) 0c00a67b3146c4b3b9dafab5f41764a3

Tree #3: still wondering on branch placement - been with me for a week
My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) B401a543ccb710e64f9b94bdb762efd3

Im having problems with tree #3. What do i do with the branch pointing downward right on the middle of the tree. If anyone is kind enough to draw me a picture of what the tree could look like, i would be really grateful.

Also, criticisms are also welcome for all trees and sorry for the back ground

Good day all

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) Empty Re: My pemphis trees (need help on one of them)

Post  Poink88 Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Wonderful trees congrats!

On the last tree...most of the branches need more bends and movement, currently they are more straight than should be that they don't match the extremely nice trunk. If they cannot be bent, then you might have to resort to clip-n-grow method. Jun, Ogi, or Ka Pabling might be able to help you with some pointers.

Good luck!
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) Empty Re: My pemphis trees (need help on one of them)

Post  paper_boy Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi poink.

Yeah! The branches are too straight for my taste too. I got the tree already wired like that. Still waiting for the masters to chime in and give their inputs before i start medling with the tree. Very Happy. Spent the last week just staring at the tree and searching the net for pictures

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Simon Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Paper boy

I agree with Poink. The branched are to straight. I would loose the middle branch pointing down, hiding so much of the deadwood which i would want to show. IMHO.

Great material, wil be fantastic trees one day.

Good luck
Brett Simon
Brett Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:31 am

Hi.

The last tree is a very difficult material ....too much dead wood doesn't mean a nice tree.
Here is my idea for it.

My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) Dsc_0822

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  paper_boy Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:46 am

Wow jun. your vision never fails to amaze me. Especially the tree that you planted in a diy cresent pot, simply genius! I'm a sucker for dead wood jun so this was love at first sight. But thanks for the making me realize that too much deadwood = not so good material.

Anyway, i really liked your sketch jun so with your approval, can i follow your drawing?

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  paper_boy Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:54 am

Brett, dont worry. I have a deadwood fetish. I'll show it for all its glory

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:56 am

Ok. No problem.
Glad you like it.
Don't cut the straight branch, you can't bend it anymore at this time, it might just break.

in the drawing I am suggesting to grow it longer and thicker, In the future you can make a jin out of it like the one drawn. You got to select from the deadwood, but if you don't feel confident doing it at the moment wait until you gain more experience,,,anyway this design if you like it will take several years to achieve. enough for you to learn more.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  milehigh_7 Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:40 am

Just a quick question, aren't these trees endangered?

milehigh_7

Back to top Go down

Post  paper_boy Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah jun. I estimate 4-5 yrs before completion. In the mean time. I have a finished thai tamarind to admire

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  paper_boy Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:34 am

Just brainstorming some new ideas on tree number 3... And here's what i came up with.
My pemphis trees (need help on one of them) 5f575143bc9d35a474a95d7d9db63e47
Borrowed robert steven's photo for inspiration. I hope he doesn't mind. Ill be glad to take it down asap if violent comments are recieved.

I still like jun's drawing. But also kinda liking this one. What do you guys think?

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down