Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai in Calgary

2 posters

Go down

Bonsai in Calgary Empty Bonsai in Calgary

Post  ortizdhs Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:49 am

Greetings:

I will probably be moving to Calgary, Canada soon and will like to know if anyone knows about a club there. I search the web and found one in Edmonton already but one in Calgary will be great. I don't have experience in this climate and will need some help. I'm from Puerto Rico and don't know much about the extreme cold.

Thanks in advance

Ortiz

ortizdhs

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Calgary Empty Bonsai in Calgary

Post  bonsaisr Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:04 am

Welcome to the North. Will you be bringing any bonsai with you? If so, they will become what we call indoor bonsai. You will need to set up a growing area with fluorescent lights, or HID if you can afford them.
There is a Bonsai Society of Calgary, http://www.icangarden.com/bsoc.htm
Iris

Last edited by bonsaisr on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add URL for information)
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Calgary Empty https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t11210-bonsai-in-calgary#117219

Post  ortizdhs Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:21 am

Thanks Iris, no I will leave my collection on "hold" with friends and family. Don't want to risk any tree due to inexperience. Also don't know the importation/custom rules of Canada. Thanks for the link I will look further into it. I don't usually write in the forum but I'm always looking (I'm the administrator of the Bonsai en el Tropico forum from Master Jose Rivera). One thing I noticed it that you are always ready to help anyone. And please wish me good luck, I intend to work with local species and JBP (kuromatsu). My goal is to hopefully have a decent JWP (goyomatsu) by the end of my 2 year tour. Again thanks!!!!!!
Ortiz

ortizdhs

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Calgary Empty Re: Bonsai in Calgary

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down