Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch out for that wind!

3 posters

Go down

Watch out for that wind! Empty Watch out for that wind!

Post  lordy Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Last Sunday was Easter and my wife invited the whole fan damily, all 10 of her siblings and their associated broods. I cleaned up the yard and deck, and even brought out the umbrella for the deck table. What beautiful weather, sipping adult beverages and catching up with people I hadnt seen in a while. Fast forward to Monday. I was driving home from work as usual and a huge batch of leaves blew across the road in front of me. It was pretty windy, and at that moment it occurred to me that I never took the umbrella down from the deck. Uh oh. Well, when I got home and looked on the deck this is what I saw.

Watch out for that wind! Th_IMG_1309
Evidently the wind lifted the umbrella and then it sent it sideways enough to shatter the glass tabletop. A hornbeam of mine was sitting on the table awaiting some minor work on Monday. It fell thru the shattered glass and bounced on the deck, losing a bit of soil, but thankfully it was wired into the pot and stayed fairly well planted. It did better than the table, however. Shocked
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Watch out for that wind! Empty Re: Watch out for that wind!

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:00 am

Wow!. Glad the tree is all right. I never did like those glass topped tables...
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 am

I'm glad the tree appears to be fine and I hope that it really is. My trident got knocked down off my bench too during violent wind yesterday.

Tie 'em down, is my new policy.

Have a great week!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down