Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Collecting!

5 posters

Go down

More Collecting! Empty More Collecting!

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi IBC,
Just a few more collected from various places.
Beech, Blackthorn, Buddleia, Douglas fir and Forsythia.

More Collecting! Beech110

More Collecting! Blackt10

More Collecting! Buddle11

More Collecting! Doug_f10

More Collecting! Forsyt10
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

More Collecting! Empty more collecting

Post  moyogijohn Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 pm

NICE find again!! will you be able to prune,,work the beech and blackthorn this year ?? about the forsythia,,will you keep both trunks?? keep them posted...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

More Collecting! Empty Re: More Collecting!

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 pm

moyogijohn wrote:NICE find again!! will you be able to prune,,work the beech and blackthorn this year ?? about the forsythia,,will you keep both trunks?? keep them posted...take care john

Hi John, Will give the Beech a hard prune soon making sure to leave at least one bud, so might be left with some long straggly twigs. The Blackthorn can be pruned but will leave it for the time being. Will chop one of the two trunks away, just wait to see where I get sprouts.
Thanks Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  PeacefulAres Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
moyogijohn wrote:NICE find again!! will you be able to prune,,work the beech and blackthorn this year ?? about the forsythia,,will you keep both trunks?? keep them posted...take care john

Hi John, Will give the Beech a hard prune soon making sure to leave at least one bud, so might be left with some long straggly twigs. The Blackthorn can be pruned but will leave it for the time being. Will chop one of the two trunks away, just wait to see where I get sprouts.
Thanks Sam

For some reason, I really enjoy what the beach is doing right now. It has a lot of personality underneath all of those wild twigs.
PeacefulAres
PeacefulAres

Back to top Go down

Post  paul.spearman Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:11 am

Hi Mr Miyagi good collecting but are you under potting your yamadori and are they potted in just cat litter, give them the best chance you only get one .well draining mix 50% grit 20% John Innes no 2 or 3 plus 30% lome.mist spray morrning and night cover up in rain.. been collecting over 15 years hope this helps
reg Paul

paul.spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Paul, I thought you were supposed to put these in boxes that are just large enough to fit the root mass, and not larger. Am I mistaken?
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  paul.spearman Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 am

No not mistaken look at the beach and blackthorn in deep clay pots turnning roots inward if planted in box you can add support wire and spread the roots to lower the truck. my other point was soil mix looks like 100% cat litter . just trying to help
reg Paul

paul.spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Now I see what you mean. Those are really small clay pots. Thanks!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down