Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions to Wang Jun

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions to Wang Jun Empty Questions to Wang Jun

Post  Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:44 am

Hi Wang Jun Smile

You gave me this answer to a queston. An I am very happy...

.Hello, Yvonne
I understand the chinese viewing stone. Very willing to provide some description and explanation of the Chinese viewing stone.
Convenient, you have to upload pictures and text instructions. In this way, I will give accurate answers.

My first question is...

This vuling stone....How do I treat the stone in the right chinese way after I bought the stone?

I took the stone to the garden 10 days ago, after the frost has left. To let nature give the stone age.
Is this a good ting to do?

Questions to Wang Jun Vuling10

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Questions to Wang Jun Empty Re: Questions to Wang Jun

Post  bhswjww Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Let me think we may have differences Basketball
bhswjww
bhswjww

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Hello Yvonne.
It gives me the image of a castle in the sky,
the heaven caves, floating in the air, the house of the dragons of the air.
Is it calcite?
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Wang Jun

I will wait Smile

Hi Sunip

I am happy this is what you see....I call the stone "Nagoya Castle mirage" for the same reason.
I have walked by this 5- storyed castle many times. And this stone reminds me of happy hours....
Let us hope Wang Jun will tell us what it is made of.

Questions to Wang Jun Img_4310

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  bhswjww Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:42 am

Hello, Yvonne

The collection of stone quality is very good, clean, deal with a good stone.
This rock belongs to the two provinces are produced in China, the Chinese name lv liang stone吕梁石 (Figure 1) wu ling stone
The shape of this stone, the Chinese people are willing to as a cave or western scenery to appreciate. (Figure 3), you can imagine the Japanese Imperial Palace is appropriate, agrees.
Chinese people appreciate the shape of the bottom, the upper stone. Show a stable shape, or shape of the mountain. Overturning does not feel, a sense of security, allowing to appreciate the people, inner quiet and comfortable natural state.

吕梁石(Figure 1)
[img]Questions to Wang Jun 810[/img]
武陵石(Figure 2).
[img]Questions to Wang Jun 207110[/img]
(Figure 3),
[img]Questions to Wang Jun 117[/img]
bhswjww
bhswjww

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:53 am

Hi Wang Jun

Many thanks for your answer, very nice to know more about chinese stones. I will be back for more Smile

My guess is....after harvest the Vulingstone, it is just placed in the house, and appreciaded as it is....No Rubbing?.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Readers

After wang Juns reply did I decide to take the stone in the house again.....

But I learned something in the prosses.....With all respect to the chinese workers who work hard for their money, do I think it is safe to say, that the stone actully still had clay imbedded in the stone.

The clay was not visible, as it had the same collour as the pale hard part of the stone. After being watered in a coupple of weeks, was it now soft, and easy to remove with a needle and a stiff brush.....I have just had a coupple of exiting hours cleaning the stone ...it has become must more detailed, and the beaty is stunning.

I can only recommend this to you, who have a wulingstone at home.

Also have I through the 2 weeks outside study of the stone, got much closer to it, and after this cleaning is it truly mine...It is now not just a pretty stone I bought on Ebay, who reminded me of Nagoya castle Smile .
The indoor polish the stone already had, was not lost from being in the garden.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  bhswjww Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 am

In many social activities in China and economic relations, economic development to change the living conditions of many people, but also resulted in the deterioration of the living environment.Many Chinese people of all life on making money above.Yvonne Understanding of China's ornamental stones industry status quo.Stone charm behind a lot of problems waiting for us to find.
There is a problem, how do you wash away the stone? They seem to have a sense of history, a clean surface. Can be taught?
bhswjww
bhswjww

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 am

Hi wang Jun

Googletranslations is not easy.....
I am happy you understand I was not insulting the hard working chinese workers Smile

I was not washing away the stone...In the caves was still clay, in the same collour of the pale stone, to be found. This I could remove carefully without harming the stone.

"Can be thought"...please explain.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  bhswjww Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:09 am

Contains two meanings: 1. Involved in this question the answer uncertain. Two. There are personal and subjective imagination and speculation.
bhswjww
bhswjww

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:35 pm

i Wang Jun

Sorry...I dont understand this googletranslation.....Please explain in a diffrent way with examples, your answer has too much "air" and no, Or just leave it, if it is too dificult.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  bhswjww Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:01 am

These days, I've been thinking about how to solve? But there is no answer, distressed Evil or Very Mad
bhswjww
bhswjww

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:38 am

Hi Wang Jun

What a pitty Sad ...Please return any time, if.....I have many questions.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 am

I have many of these stones and my understanding is that they are from the north of China the Lagibi desert area. I am greatfull for this new info. The stones are very soft and yes there is mud deposits still within them which I have found difficult to completly clean. As for leaving them out! they will not take frost.

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you....yes, the information we recived is nice.

If you leave the stone out, to be watered for 10 days, is it quit easy to clean off the rest of the clay.
Frost is not something I would risk too. I already took the stone back to the house, as this is the chinese way.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Questions to Wang Jun Empty talking clay! say what?

Post  stonener Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:51 am

Hello Ms Yvonne
To me finding clay still in some parts of the stone,
would tell me it is natural, not worked or refined by man.
Sometimes when I find river stones, a face has eyes and or teeth,
small pebbles stuck in stone, and are 100% natural placement,
these can be seen as good thing, if completely cleaned out,
not such a good thing. Sometimes "less is more"
also when I find river stones in water and bring home to yard,
there is change in color, some less shine others more deeper color.
inside house when clean off the dust there is no change,
in shine or in the skin color, stay the same, better?... Suspect
Questions to Wang Jun River_15

Last edited by stonener on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : + pix)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Stonener

This is a funny stone...Are you saying clay/dirt should not be removed, because it prooves the stone is natural?
Are you saying I remove stone and imbedded pebbles in the stone, that should be staying?...if so , are you deadly wrong.
I think you should wait to say things like that to me, untill you saw I did such a stupid thing.

Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:19 pm

stonener wrote:
Sometimes "less is more"
Questions to Wang Jun River_15
Hello,
I guess this is a more general statement from Stonener and not pointing on a specific stone.
Thinking of the importance of yoseki, there was not much reaction on Yvonnes question
from Martin Pauli and Wang Jun on the practice of yoseki.
When cleaning a stone i find myself asking; do i continue or stop, am i freeing the stone, does it get better
or am i loosing something i do not want, do i decide something what not belongs to the possibilities of the stone?
Sometimes while cleaning, a stone gets worse but in the end gets much better,
i think one gets experience and feeling over time on such things.

For me, i would not place such a stone as the nice Chinese stone from Yvonne, outside.
I would clean it with water and all sorts of brushes like on ligurian stones or scratch with some tools,
they even use steel brush in the first stages on those. (be carful see, what it does)
I do not have Chinese stones like this one of Yvonnne, so i do not know the specific stone but i would give it a very carful try.

Thing is, you can not clean it in one time, the stone needs its time to loosening a next layer of clay and chalk,
and then you can continue with cleaning.
It must be the reaction with light, air and moisture over a certain space of time.
Therefore when one soaks a stone in water for a time and dries it,
you find you can brush or scratch another layer of clay from the stone.
After this you can continue with soft brush, cloth and hands.
Even when one rubs a clean granite stone one finds that, lets say after a week it reacts again on rubbing,
so there must have happened a very small bit of erosion by air and humidity.
The stone tells you his rhythm of breathing.
Marble is hardening while exposed to air, so there is a lot of difference in handling.
All yoseki (cleaning and nursing patina) needs something strange like time and the elements of sun, water and air it seems,
for us to clean it every time of the results of erosion and wonder.
I hope others will post some more practical experience on cleaning and caring.
Sunip Wink

Last edited by sunip on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi Sunip

Thanks for letting us now a little more...

But to gett back to my stone, has less than a tablespoonfull clay ben removed without a scratz on either the black, nor the white stone, thats it. And as I already wrote, is it back in the house again, because this is how chinese people do this kind of stone.

The stone is now a little cleaner. Thats all. It could not have ben done in the house, unless it was soaked every day for some days.

This stone does not have a next layer of chalk to be removed....

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  bhswjww Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:27 pm

Stone cleaning methods.
Into the water, soaking.
2 out, clean with wire brushes. (Figure 1)
3 once again into the water to soak. Has been to scrub clean.
[img]Questions to Wang Jun T2iztm10[/img]
bhswjww
bhswjww

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 am

Even when one rubs a clean granite stone one finds that, lets say after a week it reacts again on rubbing,
so there must have happened a very small bit of erosion by air and humidity.
The stone tells you his rhythm of breathing.
Marble is hardening while exposed to air, so there is a lot of difference in handling.
All yoseki (cleaning and nursing patina) needs something strange like time and the elements of sun, water and air it seems,
for us to clean it every time of the results of erosion and wonder.
I hope others will post some more practical experience on cleaning and caring.
Sunip Wink

[/quote]

Hi Sunip

Are you sure you talk about granit?....your words sounds strange to me.

To understand yoseki of this kind of stone, I went to truly old granitstonefences....And nothing at all had happened to them ower the years, apart from being owergrown by lichen. Not even theese plant have startet yoseki on the stone. And when I tried to rub a "clean" stone, would nothing happen, a sharp edge could still almost cut a finger. A chip on a stone knokked off many, many years ago, still looked new.
I have a granitstone in my garden..It was chipped 18 years ago, and the chip still looks brandnew.

To my experience must this hard stone be found with the decired shape, if you want to use it as suiseki.

After this kind of stone is cleaned, is only indoor rubbing the way ahead..

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:13 pm

I have a granitstone in my garden..It was chipped 18 years ago, and the chip still looks brandnew.
To my experience must this hard stone be found with the decired shape, if you want to use it as suiseki.
After this kind of stone is cleaned, is only indoor rubbing the way ahead..
Kind regards yvonne [/quote]
Hello Yvonne.
Indeed i did not mean changing the shape of a stone.
I used granite as an extreme example to say that even such sort of stone reacts on its surface.
Outdoor exposure does something with the surface specially when one brushes the stone from time to time.
although in the case of granite it will be not as fast as other sorts of stone ofcours.
I am talking here of preparing, soften and opening the surface of a -new- stone with hard and softer natural brushes,
the real patina is something after this stage.
Good to see from Wang Jun how this sort of Chinese stones are cleaned, this must be the way you went ahead already?
I think they use soft brushes, clothes and hands after this cleaning, when one looks at certain examples of Chinese stone?

Technically it is possible to correct a chipped stone -if one wants to do this-, but not with electric tools i feel.
One should use handtools and always let the stone lead the way to safe a natural stone.
regards Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:40 am

Hi Sunip

Wulingstones from China is bought by Many western people...They are all bought finished. Everybody who bougt a stone like this, know that. And all readers who owns one, and saw my reply will know, I had to be talking about a spoonfull clay.

I am not talking about changing the shape of a granitstone, or any stone...only yoseki.
Good luck with your outdoor yoseki of granit.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Hello,
Here a picture of a big Chinese stone i wanted to show you earlier,
i found the picture back, so here it is.
Seen at the Art and Antiques fair TEFAF Maastricht in march this year at the Croës Oriental Arts pavilion,
when i asked i am been told the stone was already sold.
The size of the stone is about 1 meter.
An example of an older Chinese viewing stone.
Sunip Wink

Questions to Wang Jun 2012-010

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  bhswjww Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello,

The Chinese stone produced in southern China river. In the water, scouring. Name: MOER STONE
Species of this stone for several years, but will not exceed 10 years.
The shape of the wood base is simple, do not have a collection of conditions.
Forgive the frankness.
affraid
bhswjww
bhswjww

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next