Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012

+6
Ed van der Reek
Rob Kempinski
Bob Pressler
jong
sunip
Hans van Meer.
10 posters

Go down

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Empty SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012

Post  Hans van Meer. Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi,everybody,
here are some pictures I made of the first day at the 2012 Noelanders Trophy. I and my friend Ed van Der Reek drove off 6 o'clock this morning for the 2 hour drive to the venue in Belgium. The day before we had a day of fun prepared our trees for the show and for the trip so everything was loaded in a few minutes and then it was off to Belgium! We arrived there before almost everybody and had the place to our own when we made our composition for the show. Tree, table and accent were moved around a few times before the right feeling was created. I think this preparing part for the exhibition is a great experience and very exciting.
Here is a inside picture that I made backstage in the improvised, but provisional photo set. My long time photographer friends from Belgium Willy and Antje Evenepoel were just preparing the set for Ed's amazing Chamaecyparis, when I made this picture. If you look at this picture it is needles to say that I am very proud of Ed's work. It is not a species that you see much as a matured Bonsai and keeping the foliage in check is not that easy.

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan10

Below: This tree was the favorite of the show for me. Pure magical and a thought provoking image. Brings me back to the place were I grew up and the joy of climbing in these willows and hanging and swinging on it's long branches above the water, until one off use would fall in and we would be in trouble Very Happy . Great Bonsai!

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan11

Below: This small sized Buxus was wonderful!

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan12

Tomorrow we are off again for our second day of wonderful trees and the company of great Bonsai friend from all over Europe and even the USA ( Rob Kempinski says hi to everybody here on IBC)!

I have more if you like to see them?! ( I have seen that many others have posted pics from Noelanders so I will only post some more that are not shown before! But watch this space, because if all goes well tomorrow Ed and I will try do a something not don before during a bonsai show!)
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Empty Re: SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012

Post  sunip Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Hello Hans,
You made me curious, what is it you both are up to?
A world premier?
Has Marc Noelanders to be concerned on some degree?
Sunip

sunip

Back to top Go down

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Empty Re: SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012

Post  sunip Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello Hans,
please post your pictures, each picture shows a different aspect of a tree.
Sunip

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  jong Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:01 pm

wow, great trees. thank you for sharing.

jong

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Enjoyed your selves at Noelanders boy's? Very Happy
SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan13
Picture courtesy of Tony, who just left my place!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:02 pm

That's easily the nicest willow and possible the best example of weeping style that I've seen.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Bob Pressler wrote:That's easily the nicest willow and possible the best example of weeping style that I've seen.

Yes it is and it looks even better in real live! Simon Temblett created a show stopper that deserves the nomination it got from the judges!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Bob Pressler wrote:That's easily the nicest willow and possible the best example of weeping style that I've seen.

Concur wholeheartedly. Simon's Willow sets the standard for weeping branch design. The coloration of the branches helped to really set off the design, but the stair step pattern and the curve of the branches was outstanding. Matched the pot and stand perfectly too. Very deserving of the BCI Excellence Award.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed van der Reek Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

It was nice to meet you Rob at the Noelanders,and the weeping Willow was a real show-stopper cheers
Gr Ed
Ed van der Reek
Ed van der Reek

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Hans
It was a good feeling of friendship to make acquintance with you at the exhibition (even if only for a short time at the end of the exhibition). I utterly agree with you about the small buxus harlandi. For me it was one of the trees that 'stole my heart'. Your composition also pleased me. The pot was really tailored made to and compliments the texture of the bark.

Cosmos (Malta)
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:23 pm

cosmos wrote:Hi Hans
It was a good feeling of friendship to make acquintance with you at the exhibition (even if only for a short time at the end of the exhibition). I utterly agree with you about the small buxus harlandi. For me it was one of the trees that 'stole my heart'. Your composition also pleased me. The pot was really tailored made to and compliments the texture of the bark.

Cosmos (Malta)

Hi Cosmos,
and I could not agree more with you, meeting old Bonsai friend and making new ones, is what makes these Bonsai gatherings so special to me! Being surrounded by amazing Bonsai from all over Europe is a nice extra bonus!
I am glad that you all liked my little Hawthorn in it's new pot! And it was nice to hear that you all red the stories of this little tree on my blog and website! That way you know how this and my other trees started their live as a Bonsai, and it pushes me on to post all these little 3 stories! It was nice to meet you and your friends and I hope that some were in the future we have the opportunity to talk a bit longer about Bonsai!

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan14

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:01 pm

HI here are more images from Noelanders.

Below: Here Ed is starting off the next new hype on the internet: "Windswept Planking" ! SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Grote_13

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan15

This was don after the show and he first removed his shoes!

Below: My own presentation. On the left a little bronze crab, that I imported from Japan, on a piece of deadwood, that was given to me as a present from Tony and his sons when they visited my home now over a decade ago. This represent the ocean that this little Hawthorn could see,feel and taste, way up from his steep hillside, were I collected it with Tony, a long long time ago! The new pot it is in was specially made by Horst Heinzlreiter. It is one of the best pots in my collection!

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan16

It was great to be able to show one of my little trees again to the public. To getting to know some off them is even greater!
CU all again at the next edition of the Noelanders trophy!!!! Now we have a whole year ahead of use to find a other stunt to pull off! O and did we miss someone's birthday? thumbs up
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:07 pm

That willow is really impressive. I like the boxwood too. Thanks for posting these!
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:15 am

Below: Here Ed is starting off the next new hype on the internet: "Windswept Planking" ! SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Grote_13

This was don after the show and he first removed his shoes!
Hans van Meer.[/quote]
Hello,
A new way of slab planting?
Ed two days in this position??? You must have supernatural powers to carry your tree on your back like this.
This Symbiosis shows the sacrificing nature of the true bonsaika.
I must say some really well mannered frivolity (taking first his shoes off).
This new presentation method wants to be discussed thoroughly in the coming time i feel.
Regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 am

Is it a plain? No its bonsai man, rescueing all small trees in distress. lol!

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:Below: Here Ed is starting off the next new hype on the internet: "Windswept Planking" ! SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Grote_13

Very funny but actually a very expensive pot, just in food bills alone.

It's a good thing you picked that tree placement and not about 18 inches (45 cm) to the right Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed van der Reek Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:09 pm

I hope to get bonsaiplanking to a higher level next year,I challenge you all Very Happy
Thank you for the funny comments lol!
And Rob here is a photo from you and Hans,maybe you like it.
Gr Ed
SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan10
Ed van der Reek
Ed van der Reek

Back to top Go down

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Empty 5 minutes to curtain

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:04 am

This picture was made just minutes before the doors were opened. This silent moment, were I overlooked the Bonsai on display from a distance and suddenly realized just how tiny these little trees realy are. They almost looked like little children, lost in the enormous open space of this building! But as soon as the doors were opened and the first people, of the thousands that would follow that weekend, rushed in and laid their eyes on the first beautiful Bonsai on display, they all suddenly changed and grew in stature! Captivating the viewers with small images of real live and fantasy trees a like! And I think that is magical! No matter were you are from or what your style or material choice was, that weekend we were all a part off someting big that made many people very happy! And I think that it is great to see that Bonsai in Europe is thriving in all kinds of directions, so it can only get better! Very Happy
But I am still amazed that something so small can make so many people happy!
Those Bonsai ain't so small after all! Wink

SOME PICTURES FROM THE FIRST DAY AT NOELANDERS 2012 Noelan22

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Last edited by Hans van Meer. on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 am

The bonsai are small, but the feeling is big!
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down