Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, my name is pear(y)!

+3
moyogijohn
dick benbow
Max
7 posters

Go down

Hi, my name is pear(y)! Empty Hi, my name is pear(y)!

Post  Max Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

This is peary!

Peary jumped into our car when we visited Wolfgang Käflein last time.
This wasn't as easy as it sounds cause Peary is nearly 1 meter in height and as heavy!...
Since then Peary became a valued part of my collection and my bad conscience grew as I promised to show Peary months ago.
So I do so now! Little Peary is something special in each respect. The bark is marvellous, the shape is elegant, the species is absolutely rare and all combinded in a fantastic double trunk. It's a real European Wild Pear (Pyrus Pyraster) and I am happy to have it.
As always Wolfgang had many fantastic trees but it had to be this one! (beside some others... Laughing )

The photos are primitive but you have to imagine that I took them without any help or background and just retouched them.

I am looking forward to style this tree and thankfull for any of your comments!

Best wishes!
Max

Hi, my name is pear(y)! File
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Hi, my name is pear(y)! Empty Re: Hi, my name is pear(y)!

Post  dick benbow Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:13 am

So the tree just followed you home, so you had to keep it. LOL

One should be passionate about something that is worthy to add to a collection.

Thanks for taking time to share photos with us. Very Happy
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Hi, my name is pear(y)! Empty hi my name is pear ly

Post  moyogijohn Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:42 am

you picked a good tree...maybe the second trunk needs bring up closer to the main trunk is is so stright.... for me with all those trees i would have a BAD TIME PICKING !!!! SHOW AGAIN PLEASE TAKE CARE JOHN

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Pears are a lot of fun to work on.

You probably will have to carefully remove many of those small branches, keeping only those that add to the design. If it were mine, I'd try to pull those two trunks a bit closer together. You have quite a wide "V" now. A turnbuckle (properly padded) should do the trick.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello Max,
When i look at the pictures of Wolfgangs garden this is maybe not the most interesting choice.
However nice enough tree though and lovely sort.
Is this one already established in the pot for some seasons?
What about taking the smaller trunk down to 1/3 of the hight and start branching from there.
The big trunk needs some branches sorted out,
are you cutting the big branches?
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:04 pm

moyogijohn wrote:...for me with all those trees i would have a BAD TIME PICKING !!!!
sunip wrote:When i look at the pictures of Wolfgangs garden this is maybe not the most interesting choice.
I agree and I know it is personal choice but I would have picked at least 3 others shown on the pics before this one. Of course, we did not see the trees in person so might only be seeing and/or missing things. What matters is that you are happy with your choice. Smile
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

sunip wrote:Hello Max,
When i look at the pictures of Wolfgangs garden this is maybe not the most interesting choice.
What about taking the smaller trunk down to 1/3 of the hight and start branching from there.
Sunip Wink
Well, to me it definitly was one of the most interesting trees. Wolfgang told me that there were several guys who wanted to buy the tree before me! But Wolfgang is very special so he never sold it. A few days after I got it I realy had 3 emails from potential buyers without having shown the tree as mine. They all wanted to have it. But never mind I will keep it anyway. ;-) What is very special about this tree is that it looks like a real pear! It is very natural! Allthough of course I have to correct the little trunk. And yes I plan to get both trunks together and shorten the small one afterwards. I am absolutely optimistic.
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Poink88 wrote:
moyogijohn wrote:...for me with all those trees i would have a BAD TIME PICKING !!!!
sunip wrote:When i look at the pictures of Wolfgangs garden this is maybe not the most interesting choice.
I agree and I know it is personal choice but I would have picked at least 3 others shown on the pics before this one. Of course, we did not see the trees in person so might only be seeing and/or missing things. What matters is that you are happy with your choice. Smile
Feel free to show me your 3 other trees! Smile
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:15 pm

sunip wrote:Hello Max,
Sunip Wink
sorry, yes of course i will cut many branches off! Also a few of the big ones. The tree stand in its pot for about 1 1/2 years. BW Max
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Max Engels wrote:Feel free to show me your 3 other trees! Smile

On the first group pic....on the far left a very tiny pic but that looks promising.
On the bench where yours is (say it is #1) I would check #2, #3 & #5.

As I said, maybe I am seeing things and/or missing something from your chosen tree. It has nice branches but a lot of it IMHO will have to be removed. I am a newbie so I am basing this on what I see and my (bonsai) vision admittedly is still limited.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:36 pm

IMHO I think this is a wonderful, natural looking tree. It'll only look better with age. Is the V too wide? Maybe, but correctable if you wanted to. All the basics appear to be there. I think this tree will be able to tell a pretty convincing story in time. It would also be pretty awesome to be around that many promising trees to choose from.

Have a great week!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down