Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photoshop CS5.1

+4
Ed van der Reek
Poink88
alonsou
marcus watts
8 posters

Go down

Photoshop CS5.1 Empty Photoshop CS5.1

Post  marcus watts Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi,
last night I downloaded a 30 day free trial of Adobe photoshop CS5.1 - and it is absolutely briliant (it even has the 3d creator). What a great tool for virtual playing about

I put this pine tree on our club 'for sale' page:
Photoshop CS5.1 Wp2c

With a change of trunk angle, branches repositioned lower and a virtual repot into a china mist pot that is empty I quite like it now Very Happy
Photoshop CS5.1 Wp2cv

now, do i leave it up for sale or get the wire out?????????????

must say this is a brilliant bit of photo software for a free trial, very impressed

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Photoshop CS5.1 Empty Re: Photoshop CS5.1

Post  alonsou Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Wait until you discover the "clone stamp" tool, "mask layer" and "lasso tool". Been using PS for a couple of years already and I absolutely love it, pricey but without a doubt the best software out there for any kind of photo/image manipulation. Nice Pine BTW Laughing
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:12 am

My son showed me what the software can do last year and it is intense! I am not sure if their demo video is still out but if you are out for real photo editing software...it sure will be enough to sell it.

Re: the tree, it sure is more tempting to keep it now.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed van der Reek Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Marcus,I made all my virtuals with this software.
It's easy to use.
A tip for you,you can fill up the background more between the edges off the green from your bonsai when you enlarge your photo Very Happy
Gr Ed
Ed van der Reek
Ed van der Reek

Back to top Go down

Post  alonsou Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

a lot can be achieved with some patience and lots of detail. Here's the same future design a little more defined with an slight different pot Laughing

Photoshop CS5.1 Final_10
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Photoshop is a great tool. I have an earlier version but still pretty powerful.
With patience it can practically reproduce reality.

For fun consider this you tube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_vVUIYOmJM&sns=fb
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:11 pm

alonsou wrote:Wait until you discover the "clone stamp" tool, "mask layer" and "lasso tool". Been using PS for a couple of years already and I absolutely love it, pricey but without a doubt the best software out there for any kind of photo/image manipulation. Nice Pine BTW Laughing

yes i was having fun with the clone and magnetic lasso, not used mask layer yet, i will have a play about.

Thanks Hans for the tip and yes i like that pot alonsou, i have a tokoname drum virtually the same sat empty outside too. I have just leaned the real tree the other way - it works even better. I'll take a picture before dark and practice some more photoshop. Very Happy

cheers everyone, back soon

Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Marcus, are you going to keep your tree a little while longer now? Very Happy
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  FrankP999 Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:10 pm

There is a free, open source program called GIMP that has almost all of the features of Photoshop. http://www.gimp.org/

FrankP999

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Todd Ellis wrote:Marcus, are you going to keep your tree a little while longer now? Very Happy

haha, yes i think I will. i have it tilted outside on the bench now and i've cleaned up the drum pot !

thanks frank, i'll have a look at the gimp.........that sounds so wrong! haha, as this is a free trial and it will end. i know there is a way to rescript the timer so you get renewed months on the free trial but it is quite complicated i think.

cheers Marcus

EDIT - gimp is good ! downloaded it and it does everything you need for internet web pic editing, thanks very much
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 pm

FrankP999 wrote:There is a free, open source program called GIMP that has almost all of the features of Photoshop. http://www.gimp.org/

There's a much higher learning curve with GIMP, though.

We;ve been though this several times, but Photofiltre (http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm) is also free, does the same stuff, and has better help/tutorials than GIMP. I've use it for years.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  FrankP999 Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 pm

JimLewis wrote:
There's a much higher learning curve with GIMP, though.
Yeah both GIMP and Photoshop are quite sophisticated with many advanced editing/retouching tools - and not easy to learn.

I just mentioned GIMP was free cause Marcus was using a trial of Photoshop. I use the simplest tool for the task at hand. For re-sizing images for uploading, I use Irfanview which is free also. I save Photoshop for more complicated edits.

FrankP999

Back to top Go down

Post  alonsou Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:06 am

I guess it depends on individual knowledge and expertise. I don't claim to be a Photoshop expert but I've been using it for years along with several other image edit software's (paid and free) and always came back to PS. While the most amazing features are pain to manage/learn eventually through trial and error one gets to learn it the right way. I guess as long as you are happy with the results you get, it does not matter if you use PS or Microsoft Paint. Laughing
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Photoshop CS5.1 Empty 'I'm Billy Big Balls'

Post  Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:20 pm

'I'm Billy Big Balls' I have used PhotoShop since 1990 Razz I taught Dan to use it wayyyy back in the late 1990's and still train people today.

Gimp is good... but it 'ain't Photoshop

My current version is PhotoShop CS3 extended. And you can do nice photo enhancement IF you know how to do it Laughing

Photoshop CS5.1 Img_0410

Photoshop CS5.1 Multip10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down