Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chop and signature resource

5 posters

Go down

New Chop and signature resource Empty New Chop and signature resource

Post  Ryan B Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:12 am

Finally got most of it up! It's under pages, and has around 400 chops and signatures from Japanese and Chinese potters. Hope all will get some use out of it, it took forever to upload those pics! Just hold your mouse of the pics in the gallery, the potters name and a description should pop up.
Ryan
http://japanesebonsaipots.net/

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

New Chop and signature resource Empty Re: New Chop and signature resource

Post  NeilDellinger Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 am

Wow., nice job. Attached is a hanko you identified for me several months ago Ryan. Shigeru Fukkuda, I believe is the name you provided.

Thanks for putting the time into this for everyone. I hope it gets more use than you e-mail address Smile

New Chop and signature resource 0310-2C28.1-a04

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaudia & Martin Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks for doing so much work....this is a great resource now Ryan !

Kind regards
Martin
Klaudia & Martin
Klaudia & Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Rayn,.
which I thank you for the interesting link.

Best wishes
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Peter, Klaudia, Neil,
Thanks for the positive feedback! Neil, you are correct, that is Shigeru Fukuda, aka Bushuan, a former pro race car driver and Satsuki enthusiast who now makes very small numbers of handmade pots. His glazes are outstanding. I've been meaning to do a post on him, but I haven't found enough images of his work....they're that rare!
There are still some links to work out in the chop database, but I do hope it helps!

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 am

Got a few more antique Chinese chops ups...it comes along slowly. Between my constant research and f
Filing, I hope to have this thing done within the decade :-)

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:13 am

Oh, and Neil Inspired me to do a post on Bushuan, you guys should check
His pots out. They are straight up Tits(the highest compliment a post adolescent male can give!)
Ryan

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:14 am

Ryan B wrote:Finally got most of it up! It's under pages, and has around 400 chops and signatures from Japanese and Chinese potters. Hope all will get some use out of it, it took forever to upload those pics! Just hold your mouse of the pics in the gallery, the potters name and a description should pop up.
Ryan

Hi Ryan

This will be of good use. Many thanks.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  jersanct Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:29 am

Ryan, I want to add my thanks for all of your efforts. Having scanned through your database several times looking for symbols such as "that pitchfork" or "a funny alien head," I've managed to identify two of my five previously unidentified pots. Unfortunately, one of the artists I found on your page was "Unknown 2." Doh!

I think I identified another as "Do Not Microwave," but you didn't have that one on your page.
jersanct
jersanct

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:12 am

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the kind words. It's a labor of love for sure! All I've learned about bonsai pottery so far is that I don't know enough!
Funny story about that Chop, Unknown Number 2, I have several pots by this maker, medium Production quality, so I busted hump trying to find out the maker(I'm obsessive about the pots I own being identified!). I found the maker, name of the kiln, Ect...but when I was transferring my iPhone research to my PC, I somehow mislaid the information...realizing this AFTER I'd cleared my IPhone notes, of course! So I'm back on the hunt again, shouldn't take long, pm or email me and I'll let you know when the info is up!
Check out the two most recent posts if you haven't, everybody, they're on pots by Bushuan, I think he's the best glaze potter since Tofukuji, hands above Echizen Bunzan(not THAT Bunzan, the good one!).
Ryan

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down