Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calliandra twedii

+6
jupitermininginc
coh
Rob Kempinski
moyogijohn
Billy M. Rhodes
Diego Santana
10 posters

Go down

Calliandra twedii Empty Calliandra twedii

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 am

Hello friends I have posted some Brazilian native species, and I know many here in the forum do not know, but I've been showing these species to receive criticism, sujestoes, for only then can see a different design in the plant ...

This is a kind of accelerated growth, because it is a tropical plant, it grows very quickly and its control with pruning must be done many times about 3 months when pruning

Scientific Name: Calliandra Tweedie
Popular Name: Caliandra, sponge, mandararé, sponge-blood-red sponge
Family: Fabaceae
Division: Angiospermae
Origin: Brazil
Life Cycle: Perennial

Do this she left the toilet training vessel for a final ...
Calliandra twedii PQAAAJAIlvxAdkIGYEKb6Xajh7OwxMpZy_EuDu700d-yDSEGBqcuI5Cc_Qqt3VmJuSpVcuCGxky64KjSdXA8tYj_DQMAm1T1UHOuF-yF6S8csQaBtd3WQukPAIn-
The flowers are very large and impossible to be reduced ..
Calliandra twedii PQAAAFpanA18vW0naf_wa5YdHpi5qTEu7WmCacdCZtEsW77FoQDmGdfAfBkLePaSkZqGjuzp_D3tLotH24fWqrqDJJYAm1T1ULPxVEga0FrNx5TcFMj9F4FFLiaj
Calliandra twedii PQAAAPpl2KnRppBjLOVj5Rc-21q_RwmzZHJJXYNdDAIYM7Qmx7J9uq89L4Bw_oeJR2oP_S5l5rxb_cF2p5A1SK3B5aAAm1T1UDbtgnzEAlaIJlRfC45wMvssfDye

The nebari this far above the rim of the pot which will be difficult to reduce since the plant contains a stem just below the roots of the first line.
Calliandra twedii PQAAADlHxTSHitEBPe4OXi1cofPZTr1o0qNgm2NbzsmroTQX8AL4sMDLN0EEKxs-4iXlm3N-AYIsn6UQ8nohD5FcDCMAm1T1UPYaCjncA_W5CSMNAAVIL9l-z-wk

Calliandra twedii PQAAADseGvMHsWZpJOT9xk0ekP4_MDkTbhy0W8yOQRZLX8c5NxzHfoxFx9iEbU-ZLPzRCnjchrrixfof_YTaTmzTytkAm1T1UFlgIjuTvzalfieZsBGK25fQVLSw

I would like the opinions of friends of the forum on the conduct and design of this plant, although not a very well known outside of our country

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Calliandra twedii Empty Re: Calliandra twedii

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:26 pm

OK
Pot color, the flowers are spectacular but I am not sure they are compatible with the blue pot.

Flower size, I think the flowers are out of scale to the size of the tree, a larger tree would be more in balance.

Trees with compound leaves such as this tree also look better in a larger scale.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:41 pm

The leaves are still decreasing, the flowers are very big yes. , Which color do you recommend for the pot?

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Diego Santana wrote:The leaves are still decreasing, the flowers are very big yes. , Which color do you recommend for the pot?

I am not sure about pot color. Something to complement the flowers, maybe a shade of red or orange.

I am not a fan of glazed pots and don't normally use them.

I do think this tree will benefit from the glazed pot of the correct shade.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for the help friend

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Calliandra twedii Empty calliandra twedii

Post  moyogijohn Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm

I really like your tree !! the flowers may not be in scale but they ara very pretty !! they look like a burst of fireworks.. Nice take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:41 pm

The blue color isn't bad, (complements the flowers on the color wheel), its the shape and delicacy of the pot that could be better.
Like Billy I'd like to see the tree about 75% - 100% bigger - both wider and taller.

Hard to see what branches you have but the skeleton would look like this - grow it out in a bigger pot for a few seasons.

Calliandra twedii Powder10

And a virtual design.

Calliandra twedii Powder11

Good luck.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:21 pm

That's a really nice looking tree! Beautiful trunk and base (though it does seem to sit a bit high in the pot), and those flowers are spectacular. I'm not really bothered by the size - the leaves, while compound, seem to have smallish segments and don't look too much out of scale. The flowers are really large but relatively simple in structure.

I think the tree could probably look even better if it was a little larger, though I think Rob's virtual might go a little too far.

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Rob...
Sorry for the lack of photos of the plant without leaves here it goes ....
This photo is of a years back where the plant has not had much training work, only pruning and upward direction ...
The branches are still misguided but that will sync with the new training work that can only be done in the winter because the plant has grown rapidly in the other seasons
Calliandra twedii PQAAAI_evtFSxC2YDtj_8w4ZCnRaktjJ7U-OYrj19bIhXYEAbttrmysIBxdHgID4reQ3Af0oB8V1KOga38k7Pgq6488Am1T1UPy_E92dd3B26r6-NXdEZL3fSyD7

Last edited by Diego Santana on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Coh
Thanks for the words friend, I like the plant and know that a little high and do not like it, I want everyone's views so you can better target this plant, I have to shoot again because we are in summer and the plant suffered another defoliation about 2 months ago, and here as the temperature reaches 35 ° the leaves are about 50% lower than in photos

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Calliandra twedii Empty Pot colour?

Post  jupitermininginc Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 am

Deep purple I think. The impressionist palette of orange green and purple. So a deep dark purple to offset the brilliant orange flowers. Marvelous tree!
jupitermininginc
jupitermininginc

Back to top Go down

Post  mcdonald Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:06 am

Fala ai Diego...

Linda Calliandra heim... Me registrei aqui pra ver se aprendo um pouquinho mais... hehehehehehehe.
Parabéns pela planta..

Grande abraço

mcdonald

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Glad you signed up, this forum is very helpful, welcome.

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:13 am

03/12/2012

Calliandra twedii QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82tMw-rdJ-mLkrTfdaqqE372FSrUXBmFHCLB_CfiupnTgx-W8B6fI1aISB9UlF3CX4rR6rovdpYMvgxqHqpw9TQMAJtU9VC0RpRZu5hrS_J4rD8Uuta-dkGDsw
Calliandra twedii QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82tWwEASv4_HWu54M0-Wod4GX7KuIPtqEBStnvLn_BL_oRxEtV6pdVCSUF5YHFWa1EhMnbGk3UjoYOjRq88LuUOaAJtU9VARpkiyl2EHH9nHVqteN0-d1v5aTw
Calliandra twedii QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82uw_zKB1JSJcio-TVXhh2dmux3od1f5mY2eQQ0Wr1rofgYLkHNGbeIku6sL9AFCyS8KUkhIpXJfydOZ3FXX_X3BAJtU9VCwObURQ4kMFB49w2VE8kSsor6jpg

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Pretty tree Diego. I think Rob's suggestion for growing this tree larger is a good one. Rob, my first thought, too, about the pot color, was that it complimented the flowers "via the color wheel". Your virtual pot is beautiful. Where did you find that pot?
Thanks,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Todd, the idea is otida Rob's friend, but I want to direct the plant to a style but tropical condition which presents the plant in the wild with canopy compact size and light .....

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeG Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Very interesting species. Those flowers are amazing!
MikeG
MikeG

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Calliandra twedii 954821_10201454331014024_783994482_n

Calliandra twedii 1186135_10201454336614164_1345408091_n

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:25 am

I like what you have done with the increased ramification of the branches, nice. This is looking better. I like the out sized flowers, they are startling, stunning. When not in bloom this tree would have a nice calm pastoral scene effect. In bloom it is an eye popping pleasure, a nice splash of color. How long do the flowers last? How long is the bloom season? Just one flush of flowers per year? Or are there several flushes of flowers?
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Friends flowers do not support long, about 4 days at the most, and dawning three months in the spring

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down