Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane

+2
Billy M. Rhodes
Sam Ogranaja
6 posters

Go down

AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Empty AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:41 pm

My friend sent me these two stunning pictures he took on his last visit there. Amazing!!!!!

AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Dscn1413

AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Dscn1410

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Empty Re: AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 am

My photo of the same tree in March of 2011.
AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Img_6511
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Empty Re: AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane

Post  my nellie Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:07 am

Amazing!
And so very much touching also, considering which This Place is and Who has prayed there under those trees....
Thank you both for sharing!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:26 pm

my nellie wrote:Amazing!
And so very much touching also, considering which This Place is and Who has prayed there under those trees....
Thank you both for sharing!

I completely agree!!! It'd be awesome to have seen in person. Hopefully one day.

Thank you for posting the color shot Billy. It's even more impressive in color.

Have a great weekend!!!!
Merry Christmas!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Amazing tree.
Is there a photo with a person next to it?.

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:44 pm

The best I can do is with people in the background.
AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Img_6512
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:42 am

Hi Billy

Nice big tree Very Happy, thanks.....

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:The best I can do is with people in the background.
AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Img_6512

Hey Billy, by any chance do you have a close up of what's blooming at the base of that tree? I'd love to know.

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Those are the only two shots I have of the tree.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:05 am

Russell Coker wrote:... ... Hey Billy, by any chance do you have a close up of what's blooming at the base of that tree? I'd love to know.
R
Russel, I would dare say that they look like cyclamens....
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 pm

After I thought about it, I realized I could probably enlarge that area and show the flowers.
AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Img_6513
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Empty Olive at Gethsemini

Post  Spidercrab Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:19 pm

I was there last year when the tree gave an enormouus crop of olives.It was 47 degrees and the only shade was in the church.

Spidercrab

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:13 am

my nellie wrote:
Russell Coker wrote:... ... Hey Billy, by any chance do you have a close up of what's blooming at the base of that tree? I'd love to know.
R
Russel, I would dare say that they look like cyclamens....

Alexandra, that's what I was thinking too. And I'm certain after Billy's close-up! Thanks!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:43 am

Spidercrab wrote:I was there last year when the tree gave an enormouus crop of olives.It was 47 degrees and the only shade was in the church.

He means 47 C not 47 F. I went in March, the weather was great.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Yes, Russel those are Cyclamens, they occur there Naturally in the Desert in Israel!!
Ist almost the first thing that appears after the first winter rain. I've seen masses of them in the Nature reserve near Gad Nes, where my Dad lives, all the colours...Amazing.

Here is a picture of me with an Olive lower down in the Garden, It is quite an awsome place, and you dont even have to be a Christian to feel the surreal age an awe of the trees, it is pretty magical.
They still harvest these trees!! almost after much more than 2000 years!!!!AMAZING Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane Olive10
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi Andre

Nice to see your face, and thanks for sharing the photo of this fantastic tree.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down