Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little Spruce

3 posters

Go down

A little Spruce Empty A little Spruce

Post  StanBrown Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi again all would like a little spruce i got from a garden centre in the spring and done a bit of styling just rewired a week ago as i have read that this needs to be done early winter any advice would be great a little twin trunk .A little Spruce 01310 still to shap apex.

StanBrown

Back to top Go down

A little Spruce Empty Re: A little Spruce

Post  marcus watts Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 pm

hi, nice find.

i think the two trunks need to ease away from each other a bit more so there is a space between them at the top, and the pom pom looking dense area at the top needs a bit more thinning out to match the rest of the branches. )r even removing if you are feeling brave !

after that it will look very balanced and you will be able to see if any branches look wrong crossing over from one trunk to another - if they do they just need bending back a little or trimming off. Some of the finer side branches could be wired down and in time you may cut off the lowest branch

its getting a really nice tree image already though, i like it

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Weiser Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:16 am

I agree with Marcus about separating the trunks a bit and thinning the top. You may also want to consider shortening the lower trunk a bit and also bending the branches so they start their downward slope directly from the trunk rather than going up and then down. These are refinements of a start of a good bonsai.

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down