Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my forum is over run with rubbish adverts

5 posters

Go down

my forum is over run with rubbish adverts Empty my forum is over run with rubbish adverts

Post  marcus watts Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:21 am

has everyone now got an advertising banner at the top of every page they read now?

i have a different advert on every page i view - and they are moving / flickering / jumping about ones - total pain and very distracting.

if the forum needs money to keep running lets just have a sponsors page that businesses are charged to advertise on.

or has someone set this up without admin knowledge maybe?

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

my forum is over run with rubbish adverts Empty Re: my forum is over run with rubbish adverts

Post  marcus watts Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 am

haha...................as i post it i get a blooming rubbish ad for a dating site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if the site is going to allow advertising on all pages does it mean posts can now include items for sale?

cheers
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

my forum is over run with rubbish adverts Empty Re: my forum is over run with rubbish adverts

Post  buddhamonk Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:28 am

marcus watts wrote:haha...................as i post it i get a blooming rubbish ad for a dating site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if the site is going to allow advertising on all pages does it mean posts can now include items for sale?

cheers

Just you! You got spammed...

buddhamonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 am

Mine also..a dating site in Chinese language... Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Robert Steven on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:52 am

Me, too!
Plus a note : "Did you notice the information bar?"

edit : But there is no entry in the information bar, only the ad.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:19 pm

It's sorted now guys. I just had to renew our payment to block ad's.

Kev
Admin
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:19 pm

brilliant, thanks, as you say its all sorted now. if was single with old windows and a need for stress relief the ads would have been quite usefull ! Very Happy

nice one Kev,

regards Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  buddhamonk Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:51 am

Weird I never saw any... maybe Chrome was blocking them

buddhamonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down