Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this??

+3
bonsaisr
Billy M. Rhodes
dioinrio
7 posters

Go down

Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this?? Empty Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this??

Post  dioinrio Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:49 pm

I bought this bonsai (I think its bonsai) about two weeks ago at walmart and I for the life of me cannot figure oput what kind of bonsai it is, its looks alot like a spruce but at the same time there are qualities that make it look not so much like a spruce and the four or five trunks sprouting from the bottom, what so I do with those? I have never seen a bonsai with so many shoots from the base, slightly annoyed!! Should I keep it outside till the temp drops too ?? IDK!!! Well I tried to post pics but the forum wont let me I dont know what to do !!

Last edited by dioinrio on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : POST PICS)

dioinrio

Back to top Go down

Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this?? Empty Re: Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this??

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 pm

look up Serrisa
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this?? Empty Utter Frustration

Post  bonsaisr Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Chill. Very Happy You are in bonsai hog heaven. Contact Pauline Muth, Pauline@pfmBonsai.com
She is over near Amsterdam. She will tell you exactly what you have and how to take care of it. Go to her web site, PFMBonsai.com
There you will find all the upcoming activities at her studio and the local bonsai club (click on the newsletter).
Enjoy.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this?? Empty Re: Utter Frustration; Please Help; What is this??

Post  marcus watts Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:19 pm

hi,

with no pictures does it have leaves or needles?

dont dispare about the tree you bought - all material can be made into a tree like image one way or another, and early trees are essential for practice. Also there is no point being slightly annoyed - you chose the tree and paid for it after all so it must have had some qualities you liked. if you cant upload the pic directly just upload it to a photobucket type siter and paste the link into your reply, people can click the link to see your tree.

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Go here to learn how to post pics: https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t243-tutorial-on-posting-pics

Even Wal-Mart plants should have label with them saying what the plant is.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:52 pm

New members seem to be locked out of posting pics for the first few days. Please post them when the system allows.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:47 am

JimLewis wrote:
Even Wal-Mart plants should have labels with them saying what the plant is.
Don't bet on it. Many states, including New York (I believe), have laws about the labeling of OUTDOOR plants. There are no laws regarding pot plants, except that they must be healthy. There is a law among mail order nurseries that a plant must be true to name. If it turns out to be not what it is labeled, you can ask for a refund. The box stores, variety stores, & groceries sell unlabeled orchids by the thousands, so I am not surprised that they also sell unlabeled bonsai. Let the buyer beware! scratch Confused
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:07 am

Dear Dioinrio,
Did you contact Pauline? Did you find out what kind of a tree you have? Did you learn to post a picture? We're waiting to hear from you. confused
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:12 am

dioinrio wrote: the four or five trunks sprouting from the bottom, what do I do with those?
Your tree probably wants to grow in clump style. If you Google on Clump Style Bonsai, you will get lots of ideas. Let us see a picture. Prune your group to an odd number of trunks, three or five. The trees should all be different heights, the thickest trunk should be the tallest. For more advice, we need a picture.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Looks as though the tree died or he found another hobby. Sigh. Rolling Eyes
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Ha, Oct. 25 was his first and last visit!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down