Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Y. Naka´s Books

4 posters

Go down

John Y. Naka´s Books Empty John Y. Naka´s Books

Post  AK_Panama Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Does anyone know how I can obtain signed copies of both of Naka´s books without getting ripped off?
AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

John Y. Naka´s Books Empty Re: John Y. Naka´s Books

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 pm

AK_Panama wrote:Does anyone know how I can obtain signed copies of both of Naka´s books without getting ripped off?

Depends upon what you mean by "getting ripped off?" I think a "estate" would be your best bet. I have signed copies of Techniques I and II but I don't think I want to sell them.

You might check with his Bonsai Institute in California, they could have remianing signed copies in stock. Also check with www.bonsaimonk.com.

Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:48 pm

The Bonsai Institute of California must be the only organization left, anywhere, which does NOT have a website. The only address it gives out is P.O. Box 6268. Whittier, CA 90609-6261.

According to an advertisement in a recent issue of the ABS's "Bonsai Journal" The BIC is still selling both books, but the ad doesn't say whether they're signed copies or not (and one wonders whether many of them were actually signed or whenther they ended up using a facsimile signature.)

Anyway, the information in the books is the same, signed or unsigned. The signature is only important if you plan on never opening the book so it can stay in mint condition and it can retain whatever value the signature might impart.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:39 pm

As above, if you want the book for the information in holds the signature is neither here nor there as you will read the books cover to cover many times. if you are looking to invest or make money in the future from signed copies you need to pay the going price from current owners or dealers so either dig deep or buy at normal prices for a wealth of bonsai info
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  AK_Panama Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:07 pm

The reason for my post is...I understand that he signed the majority of the books. Just wanted to make sure if there wsn´t any place I could get a copy autographed for a good price rather than one not autographed for the same price.

AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down