Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continuing the Vietnam 'thread'...

+12
daiviet_nguyen
Ebbtide
marcus watts
Morea
John Quinn
moyogijohn
Ka Pabling
coh
Jerry Meislik
fiona
Billy M. Rhodes
tuyhoabob
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Continuing the Vietnam 'thread'... - Page 2 Empty Re: Continuing the Vietnam 'thread'...

Post  tuyhoabob Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:15 am

Hello Walter!

Xuan, I've never seen any of the larger trees moved (probably should have gone back and watched the process) maybe next time. I would suspect, like most things here are still done, it was all pure muscle. Sure 8 or 10 young guys could move one of those trees with no problem -- that's also why they can't walk when they reach 35 or 40 years of age !!

Yes, the majority of the much larger trees are either in Saigon or Hanoi. However, the 'new-rich' are spreading them around the country at a faster pace now.

Bob
tuyhoabob
tuyhoabob

Back to top Go down

Continuing the Vietnam 'thread'... - Page 2 Empty Wonderful to see these trees posted.

Post  ShareeSolow Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:32 pm

I am leaving for Ha Noi tomorrow and look forward to walking bonsai street. I would be happy to meet a bi-lingual bonsai friend there to translate if possible. I don't know how much time my husband's student will be able to spend with me as he has a separate schedule.

ShareeSolow

Back to top Go down

Continuing the Vietnam 'thread'... - Page 2 Empty Re: Continuing the Vietnam 'thread'...

Post  xuan le Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Chris; the second tree from the end, the large ficus the guy said $1.2 million USD.

Bob[/quote]

"The guy said $1.2 million USD" but nobody actually sees the transaction. Right, Bob?

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  rockm Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Prices on some bonsai are set to impress. You don't really have to sell the tree to impress people, just park it in public and tack on a riduculous price tag, or get lucky with just one idiot.

Do a search on ebay and crappy trees with huge price tags abound. Exhorbitant prices aren't the sole province of Vietnamese bonsai (although the prices are pretty darn high). This one is from El Salvador:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/37-Years-Old-Most-Amazing-Foemina-Juniper-Bonsai-Forest-Property-Worldwide-1975-/170900144764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ca71427c

The thing is, no one's buying. The same crappy expensive trees have been on there for months, if not years, sometime continuously. Other times they come up in intervals...

rockm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2