Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW, AUGUST 2011 - a photo report

+12
jersanct
Damienindesert
marcus watts
Kev Bailey
Rob Kempinski
Ian Warhurst
dick benbow
coh
my nellie
AdamG
The Lad
Mark Cooper
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Empty Re: BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW, AUGUST 2011 - a photo report

Post  Mark Cooper Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Japanese White Pine ....

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Our_jw10

Warren's juniper....

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Warren10

Warren's Hawthorn...

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Warren11

The boys from Swindon .....

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Swindo10

More to come ...
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Empty Re: BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW, AUGUST 2011 - a photo report

Post  Mark Cooper Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 pm

The Lad wrote:Mark= your presentation and photography skills put my effort in the shade what a Fantastic Show of EVERYTHING wish I had been there

Congrats to you and every-one at B-B-S it was a pleasure to view your show and a LARGE thumbs up to you ALL

Take care and any tips on camera work i am always willing to learn

thanks for sharing your trees and presentation

Jim thelad Bagpiper

Thanks Jim, that means a lot coming from you as I know that you and your pals organise great shows too. Make date in your diary for next year's BBS ?
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:47 pm

This is a great show, and I enjoyed watching it very much. The quality is great and the aesthetic well set up displays and overall exhibition is amazing I think. The level have gone up quickly the later years seen from here. I envy you a bit being part of this. Shocked Very Happy
(Great photos too I have to point out an extra time).

Best regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm

morten albek wrote:This is a great show, and I enjoyed watching it very much. The quality is great and the aesthetic well set up displays and overall exhibition is amazing I think. The level have gone up quickly the later years seen from here. I envy you a bit being part of this. Shocked Very Happy
(Great photos too I have to point out an extra time).

Best regards
Morten

Thanks Morten, and I'm glad that you and so many others have enjoyed the opportunity to enjoy it "vitrtually" . It makes all the hard work that went into the show worthwhile.

Thanks for the kind comments again about my amateur photos, particularly as I know how good a photographer you are Smile

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 pm

And finally, some of Ritta's "accent" plants on The "Magical Bonsai Accents 2012" promotion stand ....

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Ritta_10

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Accent12

A medium sized Kusamono.......

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Pink_k10

Some of the smaller plantings (shitakusa).....

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Accent14

another medium sized kusamono...

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Yellow10
Well, that's all folks. Hope you all enjoyed the show ? Please come and visit us at the next BBS show, same time, same place, 2012

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  jersanct Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:09 am

Mark, thanks very much for sharing your excellent show.

Would you be able to tell me which artist made the kingfisher figurine? Thank you.
jersanct
jersanct

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:25 am

jersanct wrote:Mark, thanks very much for sharing your excellent show.

Would you be able to tell me which artist made the kingfisher figurine? Thank you.

Hi, having made an enquiry with John, it's owner, he tells me it was a cutomised (for him) version of a catalogue item made by Bowbrook studios here in the UK. http://www.bowbrookstudios.co.uk/kingfishers.html

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Partridge Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Mark,

There are even more photo's on www.swindon-bonsai.co.uk

Mike
Mike Partridge
Mike Partridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 am

Mark

It was a great show, lovely trees, fantastic accents and figures together with a nice chat with old and new friends. Your photos as usual really portray the quality of everything on display.

Well done to all and hope to see everyone at the next.

Paul
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Barton Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Excellent photo-reportage of the show Mark — Thanks, Dan
Dan Barton
Dan Barton

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Barton Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:04 pm

marcus watts wrote:hi,
where do you get the name plaques for the trees done?

cheers Marcus

Hi Marcus,

The ID Name labels were an idea of mine several years ago and are the simplest things in the world to create. All you need are some blank ID Name pouches and then on your computer you can create whatever info you wish to use. Then, trim to size and slip into the pouches. Bingo!..... job done.

Good luck Dan

BRISTOL BONSAI SOCIETY'S SHOW,  AUGUST 2011 - a photo report - Page 2 Dscn4910

Dan Barton
Dan Barton

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Vleugels Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 pm

My hat of to the members of the BBS, I have seen some very nice trees and displays.

Keep up the good work guys!
Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks Hans !!
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2