Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALMOST BUNJIN

2 posters

Go down

ALMOST BUNJIN Empty ALMOST BUNJIN

Post  mike page Sun May 31, 2009 9:05 pm

California juniper. Height from pot rim, 29 inches.

Mike

ALMOST BUNJIN Bjcalj10
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

ALMOST BUNJIN Empty Re: ALMOST BUNJIN

Post  Jay R Sun May 31, 2009 9:34 pm

OK, I'll bite. Mike do you think 'almost' because of the trunk line? It is not fluid at all, lacks some gentile grace.... is this the reason? Or is it that the trunk is not thin.
I need the education!

Jay

Jay R

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Sun May 31, 2009 9:46 pm

Jay, you make some good points about the trunk. But, it is what it is. The virtically dropping branch has some gentle movement that the trunk lacks. The trunk is far too old and hard to put any movement into.
After photographing, posting and studying it for awhile, I decided the base was too heavy, and the jin stub on the right of the base was a problem. I removed it virtually, studied it briefly, and removed it from the tree. Does help some.
But, it's still "almost bunjin" because of the trunk and the dropping branch. On the other hand, too many rules can ruin the concept of literati. Also, the pot is too heavy looking.

Mike

ALMOST BUNJIN Bjcalj11
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay R Sun May 31, 2009 10:48 pm

Mike,
Thanks, I appreciate you giving me your thoughts. I may be doing this thing called Bonsai for nearly 10 years but I have SOOO much to learn and understand.
Jay

Jay R

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down