Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth

3 posters

Go down

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Empty My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth

Post  Sam Ogranaja Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 am

I just received this pot today from Rob at Taiko Earth and it is even better in person than I had imagined. Nice solid weight for being only 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches by 0.5 inches. When the pot came, it was packed so well you could have punted it from across the street and it would have been more than OK. As a matter of fact I told Rob the USPS could have chucked this box from the airplane at 30,000 feet and it would have been OK after landing on my yard.

It's wonderful to see someone take this much pride in his art, and I'll be back for more pots.
For now enjoy the pictures below and have a wonderful week.
Sam

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Dscf0020

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Dscf0019

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Dscf0018

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Dscf0014

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Dscf0015

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Dscf0016

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Dscf0017
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Empty Re: My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Good packing always makes the product better. For example, every time I have purchased an Apple computer I was always impressed by the thought that went into packaging the unit.
Kudos to Rob A. Interesting shape and glaze.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth Empty Re: My New Shohin Pot by Rob Addonizio - Taiko Earth

Post  Sam Ogranaja Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 pm

That is so true Rob. We bought my wife a MacBook Pro last year and the packaging was ingenious. I especially liked the design and packaging on their wireless Trackpad and keyboard.

This pot will be matched with a shohin Brazilian RainTree I got from Wigert's.
Have a great week.

PS - By the way, I heard you judged the Joshua Roth New Talent competition this year. I'm thinking about entering next year. Got any good tips? LOL

Rob Kempinski wrote:Good packing always makes the product better. For example, every time I have purchased an Apple computer I was always impressed by the thought that went into packaging the unit.
Kudos to Rob A. Interesting shape and glaze.
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:10 am

Sam,

So glad to see you enjoy my work. I am most grateful that you enjoy the piece even more in person.

BTW, I still crack up with the visual of my package being dropped from 30,000 feet..... Shocked ......... Razz

Thanks again for the support; I am looking forward to seeing your Raintree someday!

Cheers,
Rob

PS: In the meantime, I must keep looking up... Razz
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 am

Sam Ogranaja wrote: PS - By the way, I heard you judged the Joshua Roth New Talent competition this year. I'm thinking about entering next year. Got any good tips? LOL

Sam, definitely enter.
Next year, there is a good chance that BCI will sponsor a global New Talent Competition at our convention in Denver. We are working out the details but we would like to invite all national winners from across the world to Denver to compete in an International New Talent Competition. There should be good prizes that will be make it worth everyone's while, plus a chance to win one for you country!! Stay tuned.

As for tips, remember this is a competition to showcase your talent and capability. It is not about the best tree, but what did the artist do with the tree. Make sure you show all the techniques needed to make the start of a great tree - that means proper pruning to bifurcated nodes, wiring every branch and wiring properly (no crossed wires, no more than three wires per branch, terminate the wire properly, correct wire size, anchor the wire correctly, etc.), using advanced bending techniques, placing raffia, good carving skill and jin making, pinching - whatever it takes. Make sure you consider all planting angles, and show clearly the front and don't forget to expose the best nebari. Bring moss to cover the soil for the presentation. Use lime sulfur and dilute vinegar. If a juniper make sure you clean the bark thoroughly. And practice wiring! One more thing, practice wiring. Did I say practice wiring? cheers
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down