Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom

3 posters

Go down

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom Empty Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom

Post  John Brocklehurst Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 am

I picked this tree up from Dai Ichi earlier this year, and she's just come into bloom...a little late but well worth the wait.

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom Pict1110

I love this one through the acer leaves.....I'll prove my old art teacher wrong one of these days

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom Pict1111

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom Pict1112

Apologies for the crap picture quality, the pictures were so washed out by the sunlight, I've tried to adjust them.

And yes I know the garage door needs a coat of stain or 2 Embarassed .......unfortunately I've got too much work to do on my trees tongue

John Brocklehurst

Back to top Go down

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom Empty Re: Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom

Post  John Lee Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:21 am

Beautiful.
John Lee
John Lee

Back to top Go down

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom Empty Re: Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:30 pm

What a beautiful cascade! Will you tie it to the bench?
Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  John Brocklehurst Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 pm

John & Todd, thanks very much.

A friend at my local club has a cascade that I've coveted for years (pictured below), so when I saw this baby I had to have it, not as refined as my friends but looking forward to the journey

Mike's satsuki

Better late than never, Kinsai azalea in bloom Pict1113

Todd,
Yes she is tied to the bench normally, I'd moved her to the pedestal for the picture today. We've had a lot of rain up until the last couple of days so I'd kept her under partial cover to try to avoid the wet spoiling the blooms.

Cheers

John

John Brocklehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down