Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches

+17
Hans van Meer.
robatkinson
marcus watts
MikeG
yamasuri
Seth Ellwood
quatrefi
LELE
Andrei Darusenkov
fM
Rob Kempinski
DangerousBry
Loke Emil
martin kolacia
Karl Thier
Todd Ellis
Pavel Slovák
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 Empty Re: Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches

Post  MikeG Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Stunning! What a great progression.
MikeG
MikeG

Back to top Go down

Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 Empty Re: Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches

Post  marcus watts Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:52 pm

it is so interesting that with the wire off the entire original design falls apart - i think we all can still learn a lot more about getting a tree to show level with no wire - i have unwired some of my trees in the past and 48hrs later they look like raw material again Mad

nice design, nice re design too, both work for me. great to see

cheers Marcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  robatkinson Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:20 pm

hi marcus i like your comments on the tree falling apart when dewired
a lot of beginners dont realise this is going to happen they dont
realise a tree does not always set after the first wiring i have a
little scots that has been wired every other year for 18 years
but i still have to wire the fine stuff to make it look perfect
for a show. by the pavel this is another cracking tree.
regards rob. a. thumbs up
robatkinson
robatkinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi Pavel,
your design is looking better and better! Well don!

marcus watts wrote:it is so interesting that with the wire off the entire original design falls apart - i think we all can still learn a lot more about getting a tree to show level with no wire.
cheers Marcus

Well noted Marcus! More traditional styled Pines with no or little wire are scares for just that reason! It takes a long time and a lot of wire before they realy hold! But it also says something about the way the branches are formed in the first or even second phase.
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Thank you very much for nice coments and compliments. Very Happy

After the first or second after styling will keep the tree position. For some tree species even after the fifth styling. Certainly not the old Yamadori tree. It is necessary to repeat and repeat. So writes Hans.
The first styling all only begins.

Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 Dsc07413

Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  tmmason10 Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:22 am

I was glad someone mentioned how untidy it got once you took the wire off. Very interesting, but you brought the tree right back.

tmmason10

Back to top Go down

Post  sabamiki Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:15 pm

beautiful tree Smile can by only jealous Wink pot I think is not good to this style , feeling of han-kengai . in my opinion better suit pot in type for han-kengai trees .
like this I think (for example tokoname propositions ) :
Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 14f120aPinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 24f8aPinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 55f35a
I say one time : beautiful tree !!! , I think can win many European exhibitions Smile Wink
good luck Pavel
sabamiki
sabamiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi all
Here short video this tree: https://youtu.be/J732ss9Nalw

Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 Img_4410

Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkadius Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:41 am

Hello Pavel

Beautiful tree and great design. I collected last spring shaped like a tree.

Cheers
Arkadius

Arkadius

Back to top Go down

Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 Empty Pinus sylvestris long branches

Post  bob hill Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Pavel great work and styling yet again i love the design,the movement is so dramatic and I would agree it needs a better pot to compliment it.marcus you are dead right about them falling apart after dewirering seen it many times,not being the owner of a pine bonsai(though I would love one) I would imagine the correct practice for its development would be the pinching of candles,bud selection needle reduction,ect,ect would be the right road to go down as described in so many books,but how long would it take to create an image like this with such long thin rubber like branches,I don't know??. I have a book, classic bonsai of Japan,on the front cover is a specimen cascade pine hundreds of years old with wire still on it which comes as surprise with something so old and established,any way wire or no wire I could look at what pavel has done with this tree all day long thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up bob hill.

bob hill

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:21 am

Hi all
Pine today.
Greetings Pavel

Pinus sylvestris - Yamadori with long branches - Page 2 15176710
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:21 am

Another awesome tree. Just couple years of master work and yamadori become bonsai. Thanks Pavel for sharing.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2