Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawn fertiliser

+9
steven75
wabashene
GerhardGerber
tim stubbs
Gentleman G.
JimLewis
bonsaisr
Billy M. Rhodes
RichLewis
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lawn fertiliser - Page 2 Empty Re: Lawn fertiliser

Post  RichLewis Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:24 am

steven75 wrote:It also seems to me something to be fishy here. But ... Just placed an order, . The next week it should arrive to me. I'll take two small pieces of lawn and will experiment with it .. and in about 1-2 weeks I think i will see the difference.

Good plan- but divide each lawn piece into three equal sized sections so that in total you have 6, i.e

3x lawn fert
3x nothing

It's more of a standard scientific method to repeat in triplicate, it will lend more weight to your findings. Sorry to be picky, I'm an armchair scientist! At least it will give more conclusive 'evidence' if you get what I mean. You're going to take a visual estimate of lawn greeness?

cheers

RichLewis

Back to top Go down

Lawn fertiliser - Page 2 Empty Lawn Fertilizer

Post  bonsaisr Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 am

I found the site for the "Organic Water Fertilizer." If anything, it is even worse than the label for Superthrive. No
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:20 am

I'm with Iris...I don't think I need my BS in Biology (from many moons ago) to smell the BS in this 'gadget'.
As far as nutrient availability in soils, The Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) is a measure of a soil's capacity to hold onto nutrients. It varies with the soil composition and pH. Clay has a relatively high CEC, organic matter even higher. You can submit soil samples to your local county exchange here in the US (Clemson Univ. here in SC for example) and get a sophisticated analysis of your growing medium for relatively little cost.
http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~blpprt/bobweb/BOBWEB23.HTM

Google results
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Avoid it!

Hogwash by any other name is still hogwash. (See the recent Stuporthrive) thread for discussion of horticultural scams, of which are are many.)
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  RichLewis Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 pm

John Quinn wrote:The Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) is a measure of a soil's capacity to hold onto nutrients. It varies with the soil composition and pH. Clay has a relatively high CEC, organic matter even higher. You can submit soil samples to your local county exchange here in the US (Clemson Univ. here in SC for example) and get a sophisticated analysis of your growing medium for relatively little cost.

That's the one

RichLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2