Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingsville shohin after repot and prune

3 posters

Go down

Kingsville shohin after repot and prune Empty Kingsville shohin after repot and prune

Post  davtree Tue May 31, 2011 10:06 pm

Kingsville shohin after repot and prune Dsc01013

This is my Kingsville boxwood after pruning and repotting. About 9 inches tall, base is about 3 inches wide. It grows very fast in a mix of 80% turface 20% akadama and pumice. I am considering an oval pot for this tree, any suggestions ? Thanks for your comments.

davtree

Back to top Go down

Kingsville shohin after repot and prune Empty Re: Kingsville shohin after repot and prune

Post  davtree Tue May 31, 2011 10:07 pm

Kingsville shohin after repot and prune Dsc01014

Here is a close up of the very nice base. I planted this tree a bit deeper to protect the nice roots. It shouldlook pretty good in a few years.

davtree

Back to top Go down

Kingsville shohin after repot and prune Empty Re: Kingsville shohin after repot and prune

Post  AK_Panama Tue May 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Lovely tree!

I would personally opt for an oval pot as you suggest. Can it be raised a little bit more to expose more nebari?
AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Post  davtree Tue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks AK, it is deeper to protect the nebari. The surface roots can dry out on boxwood when they are small and this is a better solution than covering it with spaghnum or something. In a few years when those roots are bigger and stronger I will expose more of the base.

davtree

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Dav...lovely tree..thanks for sharing it...here is a picture which shows a round pot....color looks very similar to the pot your tree is currently in...I agree that it would look great in an oval container.

Regards,
TomKingsville shohin after repot and prune Kingsv10
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down