Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pomegranate

+14
rudiment
vivek kumar
Todd Ellis
Leo Schordje
fredman1
Khaimraj Seepersad
Neli
EdMerc
fM
moyogijohn
moshe emergui
Ravi Kiran
ogie
Russell Coker
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pomegranate

Post  Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:16 am

Thanks Leo and Todd.

...this method stops all the decaying process inside the tree, which I cannot reach with preservatives and chisel. It is not new technique but I just took it to the next level. hehe

regards,
jun  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:19 am

fredman1 wrote:WoW this is impressive Jun. I caught a fright when I saw the "FIRE" photo, and my heart skipped a beat when you said it died. I swore at you for a second....Mad  Very well done. It takes real guts and knowledge to achieve this. I would kill for a tree like this. What exactly is your address, so I can come see this tree.....?   Laughing Laughing Laughing

knowledge?? Nope! Guts? yes...hehe. It's in my garden, When you get to the airport, take a Jeepney, then a tricycle (toktok) and just ask around for my address.  Laughing 

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Empty pomegranate

Post  moyogijohn Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:23 am

JUN,, I have followe they dod this post.. i can,t believe the burning !!! That is a very nice tree...you are so lucky to find trees the way you can.. also haveing the knowledge to make them look the way they do !! very good job.. take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:42 am

Thank you John!

How's your elm trees?

regards,
jun  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  vivek kumar Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 am

its really beautiful and inspiring . i am impressed......... Shocked 
vivek kumar
vivek kumar

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Empty but the soul

Post  rudiment Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:18 pm

very impressive work, great tree but i am not in favour of burning tree for the sake of creation of bonsai. The trees soul was hurt. My comments are very personal and i do not underestimate the excellent work done in creating the tree.

rudiment

Back to top Go down

Post  adam1234 Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm

rudiment wrote:very impressive work, great tree but i am not in favour of burning tree for the sake of creation of bonsai. The trees soul was hurt. My comments are very personal and i do not underestimate the excellent work done in creating the tree.

Hi Rudiment,

I respect your view but I look at it in a different way. Imagine you have some tissue inside you causing decay to other parts and the doctor cannot reach with a scalpel to remove the trouble, he puts a little probe to burn that harmful part, will you say he is burning your soul or helping you not to decay any further? Jun said he could not reach deep inside and the only way was to use the "probing fire", maybe one day we will have laser and a small piece of wire to do this. I am sure the tree feels much much better now and is thankful to the owner for curing the cancer that was making it ill from within Very Happy . Fire is good too for cures!

Cheers,
Adam

adam1234

Back to top Go down

Post  dexworks Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:09 pm

rudiment wrote:very impressive work, great tree but i am not in favour of burning tree for the sake of creation of bonsai. The trees soul was hurt. My comments are very personal and i do not underestimate the excellent work done in creating the tree.

Hi Rudiment,

The tree seems to thrive after burning, so I guess in a way it wasn't hurt that much... also, forest fires do happen in nature and we always see trees being able to bounce back and show resilience despite the fire... It's a great work with a great story... I like it very much.

Lastly, with Jun's expertise, I'm sure he knows when he's hurting the tree or not. For sure he did it with utmost control and would not risk killing a wonderful material such as this. BTW, is it still alive Jun? Hehehe...

Regards,

Derick
dexworks
dexworks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 am

Rudiment,

Thanks for your input.

And I am glad you like the result.

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 am

Derick and Adams,

Thanks!
Yes the tree is ok, and I am letting it grow wild again to get more branch girth. I'll show it maybe at summer after the workshop. 

Adam, You are right. now the carbon inside the trunk that was formed as a result of the burning process stops the rotting process and protects and save the remaining dead wood in the outer layer. Imagine without this barrier of coal inside, The moist from the ground and the watering will continue to sip from under the soil and in from the inside of the tree hole, this will eat up everything upward. there is no way that it can be waterproofed from inside the tree.

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Empty love for nature

Post  rudiment Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:39 pm

hi jun ,if its for saving the rot and giving the tree new life then its wonderful work that u have done ,after all we are here for the love of nature and trees.

rudiment

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:48 am

update...

Pomegranate  - Page 2 18969510

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Empty Punica granatum nana

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:32 am

Dear Lord she is looking beautiful.  And good on you too, Jun...hihihihihi

Your tree is the Miniature Pomegranate ..as you said.  Russel the latin name is  Punica granatum nana.
Excellent subject for hedges here in the Hot Cape.

NO really Jun the tree has been through an amazing transformation.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:43 am

Hi Jun

Your tree has become awesome, the deadwood is to die for...a real piece of art  Smile ....the pot, what are you going to do next?

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Empty Pomegranate

Post  john5555leonard Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 am

Hi jun, great carving, can we have a photo of the carving bits you used, it will be interesting to see what's available in the Philippines . I,v never found much available in Thailand I brought all mine with me from England . I am in the uk now , hoping to get home next month. I,ll stock up with tools before I come home . Regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 pm

john5555leonard wrote:Hi jun, great carving, can we have a photo of the carving bits you used, it will be interesting to see what's available in the Philippines . I,v never found much available in Thailand  I brought all mine with me from England . I am in the uk now , hoping to get home next month. I,ll stock up with tools before I come home . Regards john

nothing special John, just like in Thailand. carving bits are hard to find here.
I just used regular router bits.

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Images14

and steel brush

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Steelb10

Thanks BTW. and a good have time in both of your countries.

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Jun

Your tree has become awesome, the deadwood is to die for...a real piece of art  Smile ....the pot, what are you going to do next?

Kind regards Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne!

...The pot? yes.

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate  - Page 2 Empty pomegranate

Post  moyogijohn Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm

JUN,, This one is looking really great !!! I would like to have one tree that looked as good as yours.. good job on them all..glad every thing is going well.. it is snowing again today,,single digets comming again !!!! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks John! take care of yourself

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Andre Beaurain wrote:Dear Lord she is looking beautiful.  And good on you too, Jun...hihihihihi

Your tree is the Miniature Pomegranate ..as you said.  Russel the latin name is  Punica granatum nana.
Excellent subject for hedges here in the Hot Cape.

NO really Jun the tree has been through an amazing transformation.

Love and light

OHHHH here it is! Thank you very much Andre, my apology.
The small variety of granatum is really good for hedges, but this variety is seriously lot better, I also have the small variety. the downside in it is that the fruits are too big in proportion to the trunks and branches, but this big variety is the opposite- small leaf, small clustered fruits, large and fast growing trunks what more could a grower asked for.

regards,
jun  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

See this as envy - alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien ..............

That's all I have to say.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Your tree is stunning. I would love to see the final pot you choose for this beauty! Very Happy 
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2