Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mesuki Azalea Work

3 posters

Go down

Mesuki Azalea Work Empty Mesuki Azalea Work

Post  shimsuki Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:12 am

I did some mesuki work on some azaleas at my teachers place over the weekend. Basically mesuki work involves cleaning up the small limbs that had no buds. And when there are more than 2 limbs coming from the same spot, cut it back to 2. When doing this cut off the limbs with the weakest buds. Mesuki opens up the tree so you can see it better when wiring the tips of the tree during detail wiring.

You can see pictures on my blog: http://satsukienthusiast.com/2011/02/15/mesuki-work/

Andrew
shimsuki
shimsuki

Back to top Go down

Mesuki Azalea Work Empty Re: Mesuki Azalea Work

Post  Tom Benda Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:36 am

Thank You. I work on few azaleas too. I also signed up to Your pages Smile

Tom Benda

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaucus Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 am

Interesting to see so many nice close up images. I really hope for some nice close ups from interesting flowers later.

You talk about Chinzan and Kinsai, but I hope you have varieties with much more interesting flowers too. I always love big pictures of 1 one flower closeups. Fukurin, some nice daisho shibori, etc.

I am also into azalea, but not so much into azalea bonsai, just yet. I am hybridizing new azalea. You can check out my blog. My satsuki azalea blog
I guess I'll add a link to your site later.

Glaucus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down